I have to say I love my Ranger

After 15 years of running program boats for tournament fishing form Companies like Skeeter, Charger , and Ranger I think I'm truly happiest fishing out of a 1989 374 v with a 1990 Rude fasty on the back. Don't get me wrong it's not better then all those boats I have owned in the past but just not having to worry about scratches, stains, and most important having to sell it every two years has been a joy. I will say having a 36 volt 101 lb trolling motor and two hD screens on her helps.

The ex tournamnet fisherman in me sometimes has me scratching for bigger and better but I'm saying no . This boat does catch fish I will say and I always know I can sell it in a day for what I got in her if need be.

Side note: Maybe a dealership should specialze in buying older boats and rigging them out with great trolling and electronics to hit a less then $15,000 price point.

2. Member
    I love my 361.

2018 Ranger z520L
    2020 250 Pro XS
    2B694324

3. Member

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post

Side note: Maybe a dealership should specialze in buying older boats and rigging them out with great trolling and electronics to hit a less then $15,000 price point.
    I don't know if a dealer would be willing to put money into an older boat, but I sure was. I just bought a 1994 Ranger 492VS, which was the hull I was looking for and it's getting an Ultrex put on this week. I'm not upgrading the electronics until next year. I'll be about $14,000 into it after getting repairs made to the hinges on the compartments, new Ultrex, new cranking/trolling batteries, bench and fishing seats re-upholstered, motor maintenance done and new GY Endurance tires put on the trailer.

I think it is going to be a great boat that will give me many years of service for a decent price.

I bought the boat knowing I would put some money into it to get it setup the way I want.

5. Member
    I totally agree man! Cheers

Can’t agree more! Love fishing from my dads 360, it just feels special.

I ran my 94 361V for 13 years. Loved every minute but I just wanted to go bigger. I miss her but it's good to know the fella who bought her is going to give her lots of TLC.

Steel City Bassmasters - Granite City, Illinois

8. Member
    I agree 95 487vs sporting an 03 200 vmax and an ultrex. seats have been redone . perfect for me and my favorite partner, my wife. I have about 13,000 in it and the best part its paid for. lol

I can't agree more! I love my 1988 - 360V with an '88 Rude 150XP. Best of all is It's all paid for. It can sit in storage for weeks without me ever feeling guilty that I'm tying up a bunch of money on a toy sitting in storage! It's in near MINT condition and I love when I'm at a gas station or the docks and someone asks if it's new!! I love their look when I tell them she's 30 years old!! I added a newer Minn Kota trolling Motor and 2 new Lowrance locators and now a 5.5" jack plate. She runs very strong and pretty darned fast too. I can't say that I am not jealous of the width of the front decks of the newer boats, but I am not willing to tie a bunch of money up for a little bit of extra deck space. These old 300 series Rangers are still very sharp and really what shaped today's bass boats. I'm in mine with all the newer add ons for less than $6000 and could not be happier!!
    "Cast Everything in the Best Light Possible"

Yep my 487 is still doing well

I’m of the same mindset (although different brand of boat) can’t justify the money on the newer rigs, but do like the amenities of them. Just throw some upgrades, put the proper insurance on them and hope for the best.
    97 TR21 99 225EFI S/N OG885575

12. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I totally agree 1990 Ranger 374V with a fastrike fishes well and has won me a lot of money I like to keep her looking new and put a few upgrades on her. As stated above can be sold in a heartbeat for what is in it
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

13. Member
    I would also agree, 1992 372 with a 2000 Yamaha 175. I bought the boat brand new had it for 8 years and its was stolen and stripped. Sold what was left in 2000 about a year ago i get a call from the guy who bought it asking for some trailer paperwork.(he was going to donate it somewhere) He bought it covered it and sat in a garage all these years. I bought it back from him for $500 and put a used motor on it. I have about 4k into it and it is perfect. Original seats and carpets still in great shape, still going to add some accessories over the winter but everything still works from gauges to pumps even the trailer lights. I have had newer boats but got tired of the payments and having kids playing sports does not leave enough time to fish as much as i would like, with this boat if i dont use it for a few weeks i dont feel like i am wasting money.Love my Ranger

14. Member
    I totally agree, especially on the scratches.

15. Member
    If I can throw one more thing in there to at least check on and that is the axel of the trailer. By luck I had mine looked at and had it replaced for $600 . Money well spent for piece of mind.

16. Member
    I don't know if you removed the oil injection to your fast strike but I did and now I turn the key and no issues of any kind.

17. Member
    I still remember when I was in my mid-20's when the 361 came out. That was my dream boat from the first time I saw it, but could just never swing buying one. Fast forward about 25 yrs and I was finally able to score on a '90 361. Better late than never, and love this old boat!