Skeeter: nav anchor light, strange issue

As I have never done anything to this circuit on the boat but for some reason; when I turn switch to anchor: the anchor and nav lights are activated. When on nav: only the anchor light comes on... AND, when the switch is off, the anchor light remains on!!!!!working on it now, it’ll get me by but would rather it be correct, not sure where the wires may be screwed up...

Regards,
    Karl
    1999 Skeeter ZX202 - 2000 Mercury 200EFI - Tempest+ 25p - Minn Kota Ultrex - Lowrance HDS7 Gen2 touch/ Elite7 Chirp - GoFree WiFi1 module

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Switch may just be upside down
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

If it has a switch on the bow check to see what position it's in.

Yeah- I have the front nav light with the switch and white light. I think I may have something crossed there. Reason I think it’s the white bow power is that EVERYTHING is on when switch is off. The white bow light has its own circuit so I’m going to cut that loose and see if it corrects anything. Pretty sure the grey/green and black are the nav lights...

5. Member
    May be a diode on the back side off the switch
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

So... when the switch is on nav, ONLY the nav light should be active:correct? And same for anchor? Never both at the same switch position??
    1999 Skeeter ZX202 - 2000 Mercury 200EFI - Tempest+ 25p - Minn Kota Ultrex - Lowrance HDS7 Gen2 touch/ Elite7 Chirp - GoFree WiFi1 module

7. Member
    When in "nav", the front light and rear (anchor) light should burn. When in "anchor", only the anchor light will will burn. The black should be a ground. Each light needs a ground and a "hot" to work and the "hot" will come off the switch. Usually the front switch, if it has one, will be connected to the main/dash switch.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

That was a task! All done, something at the bow was messed up: chop it all off and installed new color coded tinned wire and shrink wrapped them all up. Never would have started but ordered led strips for the front for additional lights since the TM stands so tall compared to the nav light pole. Thanks for all the help! Glad that’s done: FOREVER:)

Regards,
    Karl

10. Member
    Bow switches take frequent baths, at least mine get some. Switches that get water inside can short internally. Glad you got it fixed.