2016 Ranger Z520C,pros and cons

Looking at buying a 2016 Ranger Z520C with an 250 e-tec G2 that has about 300 hours. What are your thoughts? I currently have a 2011 Z118 with a 150 Pros XS.

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Nice boat. It will feel like a battleship after your Z118. Get an engine history readout, just in case anything “funny” has been going on. That’s quite a few hours for a 2016, but not a concern if there haven’t been unresolved engine faults. Chances are, 90% of the hours will be idling, as many fishermen do a lot of graphing these days. The G2 has many fantastic features. Wish I’d had one years ago.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    I moved up from a 2015, 150SHO powered Z118C, to a 2016, 250SHO powered Z520ci Intracoastal. The Z118c is a great boat, but the Z520 is a fishing machine. The 2’ difference in length, makes a huge difference in rough water handling as well. My rig also has trim tabs, which are great in rough water and aide in skinny water hole shots. The only thing my 118C had, that was better than the Z520, was the cooler, which was twice as large.
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)

4. Member
    Went from 2016 175 to a 2016 520c, spoiled with every aspect of it. Ride, handling, stability. Especially fishing rough conditions, much easier to fish w/o getting rolled off the front deck.

5. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassin70 View Post
    Went from 2016 175 to a 2016 520c, spoiled with every aspect of it. Ride, handling, stability. Especially fishing rough conditions, much easier to fish w/o getting rolled off the front deck.
    Jeff makes an important point here. ^ The extra width of the front deck isn’t just handy for laying down more rods. It gives you an extra step in case you lose your balance in rough water or boat wakes, which could mean the difference between staying dry and buying a new cell phone.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    Jeff makes an important point here. ^ The extra width of the front deck isn’t just handy for laying down more rods. It gives you an extra step in case you lose your balance in rough water or boat wakes, which could mean the difference between staying dry and buying a new cell phone.
    Awesome!!!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    For the waters I fish, I don't need a 20'...almost 21' boat, but after fishing out of it, I don't see myself downsizing. The room and stability are addicting
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke