2019/2018 Changes to Z21

For those that know the difference, what - if any changes to the Z21 for 2018/2019? Most curious about driver console and trailer fenders. I just left a BPS and climbed in one and I didn't comfortably fit at driver console. My left knee didn't fit under the bottom of dash. I'm 6'3". I thought for sure the last one I sat in was huge under there, but the dash looks like it came down farther than what I remember. The fiberglass trailer fenders looked a lot thinner too and I struggled finding a stepping spot climbing out. Didn't remember that either. Might be in the market in the next couple of weeks and love the layout. These are deal breakers for me, but I was looking at 2017's and was hoping these 2 things were recent changes by Nitro.

Lets just go fish, i'll let u drive. I do think the console changed a bit, i'm not positive though. Rod tubes changed from the 18.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Lets just go fish, i'll let u drive. I do think the console changed a bit, i'm not positive though. Rod tubes changed from the 18.
    Sounds good to me. I'll know in the next 1-7 days if I need to start shopping.

Did u sell?
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

5. Member
    Maybe. Lol.

6. Member
    I climbed in a new Z21 at the Pearland BassPro while at lunch today. I noticed snug fit at the console too. I'm 6' & 240lbs, and I fit very comfortably in my 2017 Z21, even more so after adding a steering wheel spacer.
    '17 Nitro Z21, 250ProXS serial # 2B399616, 24p Fury4, 12" Atlas, Apex 16 @ console, Apex 16 & Apex 13 @ bow, Mega 360, Ultrex, 8ft blades

7. Member
    Did you guys try adjusting the seat? They slide back and forth on a track like a car seat.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TXZ21 View Post
    I climbed in a new Z21 at the Pearland BassPro while at lunch today. I noticed snug fit at the console too. I'm 6' & 240lbs, and I fit very comfortably in my 2017 Z21, even more so after adding a steering wheel spacer.
    That’s funny. I was at lunch today at the Pearland store too when I climbed in. I did slide the seat all the way back.

9. Member
    I think 2018 was advertising 2” more leg room at console.

17's advertised 2" more leg room
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

11. Member
    They key for us tall people is not leg room measured in length under, but most importantly is height from floor to bottom of dash on console. That causes way more issues in boats than length under. I guess they are technically connected, but the Z21 I sat in at BPS didn't have either. So from what some of you have said - the 2017's may have more leg room?

12. Member
    The dash does fit low also I rather have metal fenders. The fiberglass fenders are useless and hard to get in and out. Being young it’s a struggle can only imagine for older guys
    Nitro z21

13. Member
    I agree. The glass fenders look better but are a pita to climb in and out of. Wish they had the option of the metal fenders for the Z21. I have to use the front steps all the time to keep from busting my old ass.

No way they would take leg room away from the 18 if the 17 had it... kvd is tall there must be a rhythm to getting in and out. I know there is on my z8
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

15. Member
    I just happened to stumble across this while looking for info on Z21s. I have never been in one, but I am kicking around the idea of adding Nitro to my list of potentials for a new or used boat. I am 6'5" and about 230. Would I have trouble fitting in a 2018 Z21 for example?
    2020 Triton TRX19- Mercury 225 ProXs 4s
    Solix 12 MSI Console, Solix 12MDI Bow
    Helix 9 Mega 360 Bow
    Garmin 106sv Livescope Bow
    Ultrex, Dual 8' Power Pole Blades
    2022 Silverado
    Member of Skoolin' Bass Anglers and Wolf River Bass Club

well at 6' 5" I would tell u to sit in one. Not everyone is built the same, some people have longer legs then others. I feel like 16s the console was too low under the steering wheel, they changed that a bit on 17s. my 19 feels like I have even more height in that area.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

17. Member
    do you remember where you ordered the steering wheel spacer

18. Member
    I stopped back by bass pro to sit again and take some measurements.
    I have more than enough room in my current boat so I measured it for comparison.

Dash Height
    Current-18”
    Z21-17”
    Z20-15”

Distance from under console (all the way to back) to the fiberglass under seat (floor space)
    Current - 33”
    Z21-38”
    Z20-forgot to measure.

I think the top of the Z21 seats are higher making that 1” difference feel even more. But I figured out while sitting in it that the biggest problem is the foot rest that is molded in for drivers left foot. See picture. There’s only 21” of floor space which forces you to keep knee bent considerably pushing top of thigh into dash. I was able to sit comfortably if I hung my left leg out toward middle. The area with hot foot is not wide enough to get left foot squeezed in.
    Attached Images Attached Images