2001 Optimax 200hp Prop torque???

Changing out prop temporarily to try out a 23" Fury to see results on my rig. My last Cat, an 02 Classic I always used Flo Torque II hub kit and torqued to 100#, after talking to "someone" re proper torque. Now every online video I see says torque should be 55#. Not sure it doesn't have something to do with the 2 piece rubber insert? Have the Tempest+ off, the Fury prop on, all greased and ready to tighten down but waiting until reasonably certain of proper torque rating. Thanks

you are over thinking it...I go until tight then two nice grunts and call er good....switch props on a weekly basis depending on the lake I am fishing that week. As a prop rotates forward it cannot loosen the nut as the props spinning the same way as the nut tightens. 100 lbs seems excessive I would guess I am a lot closer to 55 lbs when doing it.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

3. Member
    Thanks - direct from Bass Cat Boats in their response to me "our rigging department torques all props to 100#". Now I would think Bass Cat sends out majority of their rigs with Fury and smaller numbers with Tempest+ and Trophy+ props? They also might be using the hub kits with the 4" "rubber" type insert that also has a 2" conical stepped insert inside of it, which is the one I have on my prop now and had thru 8 yrs. with my 02 Classic. Had heard quoted previous years and last few days that ones with those hub its require 100#? I believe manual says 55# so can be confusing. Do agree though if tightened pretty snug, then couple hard pulls on it should do it.