Thread: BPT Details

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

BPT Details

http://www.bassfan.com/news_article/...g#.W6KKfuSWyUk Still all fish one pound or better for the 8 trail tournaments. Takes a while to soak all the details in. I read it 3 times and still a little fuzzy.

2. huskyjerk
    $70 grand for 2nd will take the sting out of coming up a little short...

3. Member
    dangit you beat me to it

Looks like there will be practice days...I kinda liked the no practice deal a bit but this will still be fun to watch.

It's a little strange that they are taking one of the biggest draws to MLF and that is the unknown body of water. I really like that aspect of MLF.

A new twist on things. We'll see how it works. I will watch when I get a chance.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slaunch View Post
    dangit you beat me to it
    By three minutes while you were typing.

8. Member
    So will we see anyone fish both??

9. Member
    Zeroing weights like FLW used to do years ago, so they're going back in time?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Looks like there will be practice days...I kinda liked the no practice deal a bit but this will still be fun to watch.
    2 practice days + up to 5 tournament days (each angler will only fish 3 days max since they split the groups into 20 anglers each day) No wonder it will conflict with other trails.

Kind of an interesting concept, but man it has to be tough fishing a multi day tournament with days off between fishing. I would want to get right back out there.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slaunch View Post
    So will we see anyone fish both??
    I don't see how there can be anything but multiple conflicts with the three tours.

Quote Originally Posted by bschwoep View Post
    2 practice days + up to 5 tournament days (each angler will only fish 3 days max since they split the groups into 20 anglers each day) No wonder it will conflict with other trails.

Kind of an interesting concept, but man it has to be tough fishing a multi day tournament with days off between fishing. I would want to get right back out there.
    Also adds some extra cost on fuel, lodging and food.

13. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Mason View Post
    Zeroing weights like FLW used to do years ago, so they're going back in time?
    MLF has always started everyone at 0 each round.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Same. I really wish they would've kept the no-practice rule. A big allure of MLF has always been watching to see how the guys attack a lake with no practice. That helps keeps costs for the participants down as well, though I know they have to keep the host cities happy and the anglers spending money there is part of it.

I'm guessing this is some sort of compromise based on locations. The locations will have to be announced ahead of time, and it's unavoidable that they'll end up places that are "home water" for some of the participants. Giving the other guys some practice time probably makes them feel a little better about it. It's also not known what their off-limits rules will be.

On a different note, it's still not completely clear on Cup participants. It sounds like they reset points every two events when it comes to qualifying for the cups and that they're not based on cumulative year-to-date points. Not sure how I feel about that - on one hand I like that it allows guys to get a "reset" if they have a bad event so they can still make Cup events, but on the other it minimizes the importance of individual events in the grand scheme. I'm also wondering how much the viewership will be affected by not having a semi-consistent group of anglers they can follow. This seems like it would be especially important for the non-bass fishing public. As it is, it's conceivable that a completely different group of 30 is in the second Cup vs the group that was in the first....again assuming points are reset for each Cup qualification.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    I don't see how there can be anything but multiple conflicts with the three tours.
    I misread it where it said it wouldn't conflict with the Cup or the Classic. I was thinking elites and flw tour.

16. Member
    That puts 40 pros a day at whatever "expo" event they have set up, 4 days straight.
    ~~~~GROUND MEAT PRODUCTIONS~~~~
    OUTDOOR VIDEOS
    2016 XPRESS X21 ~ Yamaha F200LB ~ LOWRANCE ~ DAIWA ~

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bschwoep View Post

Wonder how they plan to use that off day? Can you fish another lake close by? Seminars? I would go nuts if I just had to sit around a day. You can fool with tackle only so long.

18. Member
    8 BPT events, 8 days each: 64 days of commitment (not all fish every day)
    4 Cup events, 6 days each: 24 days of commitment (not all fish every day)
    BPT Championship & Cup Champ: 14 days (may be higher, not sure if practice days for BPT Champ)

So a total of 102 days of commitments.....>WOW

I thought the Pros wanted no entry fees, less time on the road, and payouts to ALL anglers? Doesn't seem like MLF/BPT fulfills any of those.

19. Member
    Strange, and as has been stated a little hard to digest. Not understand, just digest.

Re no practise, with larger field sizes and running your own boat they are going to have to tell the anglers where they are going for logistical reasons. They will also have to be fishing larger bodies of water. Due to the fact that some will be familiar with those bodies of water while others won't, they have to allow practise to erase some of that advantage. Otherwise it would be completely unfair.

Also as stated, off limits and info rules will be interesting.

I don't like the "all score able bass" rule and the resets. I guess I'll follow and maybe watch some of it but the traditionalist in me prefers the BASS format. I am glad however that there is additional income opportunity for the angler that put their sack on the line chasing a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post
    8 BPT events, 8 days each: 64 days of commitment (not all fish every day)
    4 Cup events, 6 days each: 24 days of commitment (not all fish every day)
    BPT Championship & Cup Champ: 14 days (may be higher, not sure if practice days for BPT Champ)

So a total of 102 days of commitments.....>WOW

I thought the Pros wanted no entry fees, less time on the road, and payouts to ALL anglers? Doesn't seem like MLF/BPT fulfills any of those.
    The other thought I have is with a camera on them all, smaller bodies of water and now that they are actually fishing for a "check" just how much the drama level will go up. Gotta be more on the water dustups, bent rod pattern etc as it already happens a bit on the current MLF shows.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast