Tilt and Trim Switch?

Hello!,

The rubber that covers the tilt and trim switch has deteriorated and peeled off. The switch works fine otherwise. Can just the rubber piece be replaced or what are my options? Thanks for the help guys. It's truly appreciated.

2. Member
    No just the switch, you can look it up on epc.brp.com but what i believe you need is 0175709 which changes to number 0176530 and retails for about $60

I think this is what you are looking for. https://www.boats.net/search?q=0126210
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danrude View Post
    I think this is what you are looking for. https://www.boats.net/search?q=0126210
    That would be a plug for if you did not have the switch. Could this be something you could make yourself, it's just thin rubber?

Quote Originally Posted by 316jughead View Post
    That would be a plug for if you did not have the switch. Could this be something you could make yourself, it's just thin rubber?
    You are correct, my mistake.
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 316jughead View Post
    What about duct tape?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Evinrude57 View Post
    What about duct tape?
    Sounds like my Son in Law, he uses duct tape for everything. I was thinking about finding some thin rubber, taking the handle apart and using the existing seal for a pattern.
    Last edited by 316jughead; 09-22-2018 at 04:46 AM.

8. Joe4d
    I see OMC Boat group,, so what 99 ish model ?
    Id say that switch had a good run, and if I was gonna take that handle apart Id go ahead and change it. Looks exactly like my 93 Javelin and IIRC it did same thing about 10 years in.

Thanks all, I though I turned on notifications for this post but I guess I didn't. I'm looking to put it up for sale soon so I think the potential buyer would be concerned with duct tape. I know I would.

It's had a good run but it's still working so I'd hate to replace if I don't have to. I'll keep looking to see what I can come up with. If I have to replaced I'd upgrade to the blinker style at the helm. Joe4d it's a 96.

10. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Without the rubber cover the first time it rains the switch will trim up or down one untill the battery dies or you unhook it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    Without the rubber cover the first time it rains the switch will trim up or down one untill the battery dies or you unhook it.
    The rubber on my trim switch has been torn top and bottom for years. I've never had an issue, dry or wet, even in down pours.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

12. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Here is the one you need Jason. www.marineengine.com had them you can check other sites for possible cheaper prices.
    0176466 - Trim Switch [ More info ]

Last edited by ChampioNman; 09-30-2018 at 09:42 AM.

13. Member
    i did install a thin rubber on mine and works good , take your time to fit the retaining ring right .

Quote Originally Posted by danlaboucane View Post
    i did install a thin rubber on mine and works good , take your time to fit the retaining ring right .
    Would you mind sharing what rubber you used and where you got it? Also what was involved in the job.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    This happened while washing the boat! Glad I was there to disconnect the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by danlaboucane View Post
    Interested what you used.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Here is the one you need Jason. www.marineengine.com had them you can check other sites for possible cheaper prices.
    0176466 - Trim Switch [ More info ]

Thanks Champ! I tried getting at the switch to disconnect when it got wet and couldn't figure it out. I'll likely purchase and take to my mechanic so i don't mess anything up. You've always been a huge help, thank you.

18. Member
    Jason.....I sent you an PM.....my phone number is in the PM....Call me..

19. Member
    sorry to be late , but to install a new one is a good idea if you are not very mechanically inclined so done for a long while !
    i used some scrap rubber from an old inflatable camping matress ,and took some time to fit the retaining ring .