Thread: Tube trailers

Tube trailers

Brackish water guys and your tube trailer? Tell me how it’s holding up got a fair deal on a Phoenix but it’s got a tube trailer and I’m in south Louisiana. Anybody know what a new channel one goes for?

2. Member
    I think a new marine master trailer is around $8k

I’d be looking at an aluminum only trailer if I were anywhere near salt.

LUND 1875 Pro Guide 👊🏻✊🏻

4. Member
    If I get this boat I would think it’s gonna last a little while and yes I would probably get an aluminum one. Just wondering if I can expect to need a new one in three years or 10 years.

5. Member
    My last one was fine when I traded off it was 10 years old mostly used on toho

6. Member
    I live in south la and I just got a Phoenix about a month ago, I asked for a C channel and paid for it but the rep screwed the order up and sent a tube trailer, well they are building me one right now and I should get it in 10 weeks, anyway my trailer is a month old and already showing signs of corrosion in the back where the water drains and in around the tongue, there is no way I would get more then a couple years out of this trailer

Hard to believe it would rust out in just a few years even if you used it every day. I would make sure you flush the brakes with fresh water after each use though.

LUND 1875 Pro Guide 👊🏻✊🏻

8. Member
    can't answer your question but don't put much faith in C channel. the axle is tube even on the C channel and mine is not sealed. So even a C channel will have the axle rust out at some point. I guess it replaceable and reasonable cost but I've not checked. I think alum the only good answer for brackish.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

Quote Originally Posted by Sam378 View Post
    I live in south la and I just got a Phoenix about a month ago, I asked for a C channel and paid for it but the rep screwed the order up and sent a tube trailer, well they are building me one right now and I should get it in 10 weeks, anyway my trailer is a month old and already showing signs of corrosion in the back where the water drains and in around the tongue, there is no way I would get more then a couple years out of this trailer
    The Potomac ate my tube MFI in 4 years. They are not a good idea, especially when a C-Channel is just a few hundred more.

10. Member
    I oredered c channel with my Phoenix to be safe but my stratos before this had a tube trailer and was 20 years old when i sold it with no rust issues.
    2018 Phoenix 819 / 2018 Mercury 200 Pro XS

11. Member
    My 721 is a ‘09 with a tube trailer. It’s holding up pretty good for being 9 years old. Not saying it looks brand new, but it definitely isn’t falling apart or rusting to pieces. I do fish brackish water but not all the time.