Thread: Lake George

Lake George

Have a bass tournament coming up 9/30 on lake george and have never been there before. Im looking on navionics and see that it is super deep. My plan is to just graph smallmouth, and then video game them.. Anyone have any other advice to give? From what I read online perch, and shiner is main bait fish

2. Member
    I havent fished there before, but when I go up north and fish for Smallies, Im usually dropping on them vertically. Look for them first on the graph, then drop down on them with a dropshot. Once you find a depth that works, try finding areas at that depth zone. Try using the new Color Depth Shading on the Navionics app, to help you eliminate water.

3. Member
    A little advice, get there early for boat inspection. If you can go the night before so they can check and tag your boat. I fish there a lot. It is deep and extremely clear. Smallies are still deep as of Saturday. Drop shot and small jigs were key to getting bites for us. If the weather stays consistent this week you may find them on flats which I usually get them with a jerkbait. It was tough with the cold font that pushed through and the wind was ripping. Not sure where you are launching from but I did somewhat better south of the narrows. I launch from black point launch in Ti.
    Good Luck

4. Captain Paul
    I know this is late but I'm just joining this forum. We own a cottage on the lake and fish there at least 20 days per year sometimes a lot more and we fish in 3 of the 4 seasons.
    In all honesty, the fish are all over the lake, just where they are supposed to be, smallies on rocks. My daughter (she's 20 now) and I routinely catch more than 100 fish a day here and many days much more. South end is much better for smallies than up north where we always get the biggest large mouths.
    Use your graph to identify the depth then give them anything black (worm, jig, keitech swimbaits) or perch color jerks. When the wind picks up which it does every afternoon, go straight to the rocky points and drag vibrating jigs (1/2 oz) with swimbait trailers SLOWLY over the rocks. If you think you are slow enough go slower...just fast enough to instill the vibration.
    RangerBasser
    Captain Paul, USCG Captain
    Merchant Marine XO

Ranger Z22 Comanche
    Mercury 300XS Racing