Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Dogfish_Jones
    Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I am going to find someting for sure to fix this problem. It would have been nice if the manufactor would have included a sliding bracket in the orignal cost, knowing that the trolling motor was going to hit the rollers coming off the trailor.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    This was the answer for my Ulterra. It physically moves the TM back about 6" and is a rock solid mount in the open or closed position. The sliding mount moves the TM about the same distance BUT if there is anything in the way of the slide it won't work whereas the Liftsaver mount can pivot up and over most obstructions like Navigation light receptacles and horns.
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Mercury Spitfire X7 19” prop
    51 mph @ 6240 rpms (RPMs from Vessel View Mobile) : full fuel tank and fishing load by myself
    4.2 second Hole Shot (measured using Vessel View Mobile)
    Engine mounted in 3rd hole
    Minn Kota Ulterra-Link w/built in MDI 80 lb thrust 60” shaft
    Humminbird Helix 12si Gen1 chirp on console
    Humminbird Helix 15si Gen4 cho on bow
    Humminbird Mega360

Dotline two step transom boarding ladder
    Tracker trailer bow boarding step

3. Banned
    a lot of people will use the slider plate so since they have 2 trolling motors. The plate is a easy disconnect.I have the MKA 47

4. Member
    If you have a tight fitting cover for your boat the R&R design will still allow you to use the cover. Others that raise, may not work with a tight fitting travel cover.

5. Dogfish_Jones
    I fished in our club tournaamnrt today and when I put the boat in the water this morning I went slow down the ramp and allowed the boat to rise with the water and it did not it the roller this time. I had a buddy watch it and he said it just missed it by the smallest of margin. I have two 1" blocks of hard plastic to mount under the base if it hits again. I'm thinking now that the raising of 1" might be enough to make sure it does not hit.

Oh yea... I won our club tournament too. We fished Neely Henry lake in Alabama and the spots were hard to come by but I caught a limit with my largest weighing it right on the nose at 3 pounds.

6. Banned
    Go buy a Norris Craft and it won't happen again.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    Wonder if this one will do the job? It is only $59.99
    https://minnkotamotors.johnsonoutdoo...cket-mka-16-03
    I have this one. Simple, inexpensive, and works very well. i can fit my cover over my Terrova by sliding it back a few inches.
    25th Anniversary Champion 187 SCX Elite
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Perception Pescador Pro 120 Kayak
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

8. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by Royjulius View Post
    I have this one. Simple, inexpensive, and works very well. i can fit my cover over my Terrova by sliding it back a few inches.
    Thanks for the insight to that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    I fished in our club tournaamnrt today and when I put the boat in the water this morning I went slow down the ramp and allowed the boat to rise with the water and it did not it the roller this time. I had a buddy watch it and he said it just missed it by the smallest of margin. I have two 1" blocks of hard plastic to mount under the base if it hits again. I'm thinking now that the raising of 1" might be enough to make sure it does not hit.

Oh yea... I won our club tournament too. We fished Neely Henry lake in Alabama and the spots were hard to come by but I caught a limit with my largest weighing it right on the nose at 3 pounds.
    I have a sliding bracket as I said earlier but for me getting the tires in the water perfectly straight(nice and slow and stop) then lift 90% off the break and back up a little deep before stopping the backwards motion works best, reason is the water pushing on the transom holds it up on the roller till the bow is floating aka preventing the bow from dropping down hitting anything, the problem is steep ramps not the manufacturer no sending a sliding plate, that is nearly a solution for a problem not everyone has
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12