Thread: 210 rough water

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Ride in a champion 202 or 203 in white caps at 60+ this is when they shine.

2. Member
    A bullet?! Really!?LOL

My old 496 is a Charger hull. I have had it 16 years, I like the ride

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTT196 View Post
    A bullet?! Really!?LOL
    A bullet handles rough water very well better then most. Good as a Champion or Charger hull that is debatable.

5. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Don’t know if a bullet will ride as good ,they are no where close to a V of a charger,Plus the hull design of the 2 or totally different ,Iam sure the newest models of bullet ride very well as they look a little deeper.Bullet willl definitely get from point a to point b faster in most water conditions that’s a fact.

6. Member
    Dan can tell you about Bullet rides. I heard they ride really well in rough water but always get stereotyped as a go fast rough riding boat.

7. Banned
    Got to ride in a bullet and a coworker's stroker in pretty rough chop both handled it better then I expected they would. Only way I can explain it is they are lighter hulls so they don't fall between the waves they stay up on top almost skipping from one to the next. Where Charger and Champions deep V cut threw the wave.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports1 View Post
    Dan can tell you about Bullet rides. I heard they ride really well in rough water but always get stereotyped as a go fast rough riding boat.
    Now I've only got about 7 hours on the engine... It's kind of hard to explain, but the 210 has the weight to soften the blows, whereas the Bullet has the length to soften the blows... My brother and I were out on the river the other day with a southerly wind, there are section of the river that get very rough with that wind direction because of the flow of the river, legitimate 2ft rollers and white caps. I wasn't sure what to expect so I cautiously slowed and trimed down, about a 1/3rd of the way through I realized it's not that bad, trimed up, throttle down... Bullets ride a lot better than people think... The 21XRS is a deep boat, seats are way better than they use to be. I can't wait until next spring and I test it out on Lake Erie and St. Clair... Dan

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Now I've only got about 7 hours on the engine... It's kind of hard to explain, but the 210 has the weight to soften the blows, whereas the Bullet has the length to soften the blows... My brother and I were out on the river the other day with a southerly wind, there are section of the river that get very rough with that wind direction because of the flow of the river, legitimate 2ft rollers and white caps. I wasn't sure what to expect so I cautiously slowed and trimed down, about a 1/3rd of the way through I realized it's not that bad, trimed up, throttle down... Bullets ride a lot better than people think... The 21XRS is a deep boat, seats are way better than they use to be. I can't wait until next spring and I test it out on Lake Erie and St. Clair... Dan

only 7 hours? Bring that rig down to Texas and we’ll put some hours on her!

Seems my 210 takes the big water better than my 396 did. But, it's longer, heavier and I can adjust the jack plate to affect the ride. All that said the 396 is a great boat.
    I got nothin

11. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I guess ride will also depend on the water conditions wind waves are very easy for a boat to get up on if it has the length to span the trough and the v to help cut the next top,now loz on a busy weekend is a different story it have 4 foot walls of water from all directions that you will not be able to wave top and that’s where a deep v comes in to play slicing through the snot.Have seen boats on loz that were crippling along at a good pace and than air born 8 feet out of no where .Its a mean nasty lake in the summer that most have never experienced in their lifetime .Ill tell this when my 28 foot tritoon can’t make it to the next wave top you know it’s going to be bad in a 20 ft bass boat.

Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    I guess ride will also depend on the water conditions wind waves are very easy for a boat to get up on if it has the length to span the trough and the v to help cut the next top,now loz on a busy weekend is a different story it have 4 foot walls of water from all directions that you will not be able to wave top and that’s where a deep v comes in to play slicing through the snot.Have seen boats on loz that were crippling along at a good pace and than air born 8 feet out of no where .Its a mean nasty lake in the summer that most have never experienced in their lifetime .Ill tell this when my 28 foot tritoon can’t make it to the next wave top you know it’s going to be bad in a 20 ft bass boat.
    Well put, that's why I don't go there after April or before November.
    I got nothin

13. Banned
    Will never forget my first weekend on the LOZ took a awhile to recover from the beating.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12