USA Have 2000 ZX195 C- 200HP OX66-Boat porpoises a lot- Will a cheaper planing fin work?

Will a Dol Fin, SE Sport 300, type planning fin work to improve the porpoising and ability to run lower speeds? My hole shot on this rig is incredibly quick(leaps out of the water even with livewells filled ) in 2 seconds up on plane.
    I am aware of the CB foil but would rather spend $60 versus $225 for a CB foil. if the results are somewhat similar?

2. Member
    The cheaper fins will work I suppose - I've had them in the past on non-bass boats. They certainly helped minimize bow-rise and faster planing. The only boat I've had porpoising on is this Skeeter though, when I added more equipment in the back. The CB Foil I recently installed on my Skeeter ZX200 with SHO200 fixed the porpoising, really helped minimize bow-rise, and quickened planing. It's incredible and it doesn't visually stand out - which is important to me.

3. Member
    I only need fin for porpoising that’s it -may give the se sport 300 a shot

4. Member
    Oh, and my CB Foil really helped lower my planing speed and how slow I can go before coming off plane. It's pretty impressive for such a small plate.

Question: what speed are your porpoising? My porpoising was in the 20-30 mph range and thus the cavitation plate is still in the water, which is what the foils mount to.

5. Member
    Can't go wrong with anything from CB Marine.
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

6. Member
    I have seen the cheaper foils work.

7. Member
    it definitely works and works really well......no porpoising / instant holeshot great product!

se sport 300 simple install