Aereator for bullet boat question

Last 2 time out fishing I noticed that my fish died pretty quick. I don’t think my aereator pump is working anymore, when I pull the red pump out knob it pumps the water out the livewell, and when it’s pushed in it does nothing. I tried forcing water with a garden hose to see if it was blocked but don’t see anything. Shouldn’t it work just circulating the water that is In the well or does the boat have to be in the water for the aereator to work. I have a tournament coming up and need to get it figured out quick. Thanks......

2. Member
    I would think it should recirculate if you had water in it, strange that it will pump out but not the other, I thought when you pull the red fitting was just like it is a directional valve, but I'm sure someone knows more than me about how it works

Pulling The red nozzle only redirects the water to a different hose. You may have a plugged nozzle . Your fish would not have died if you used the aerator pump, not the recirc pump.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Member
    Yes if I pull the red nozzle and it’ll pump out and I thought if I pushed it in it would recirculate water in the well but it doesn’t do anything. I’ll go burn the gas out of my tank and pull the tank to get to the pumps and hose connections to see if it’s a plugged hose or not. I may change my pump to a larger size to increase the pump out volume.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwebre74 View Post
    Last 2 time out fishing I noticed that my fish died pretty quick. I don’t think my aereator pump is working anymore, when I pull the red pump out knob it pumps the water out the livewell, and when it’s pushed in it does nothing. I tried forcing water with a garden hose to see if it was blocked but don’t see anything. Shouldn’t it work just circulating the water that is In the well or does the boat have to be in the water for the aereator to work. I have a tournament coming up and need to get it figured out quick. Thanks......
    Rather than removing the tank remove the hose on the back of the nozzle closest to the back of the livewell and turn on rec pump
    Last edited by Bullet_10; 09-19-2018 at 12:17 PM.

6. Member
    Thanks, that makes sense.

I doubt you can work on the nozzle or hoses w/o removing the tank.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    I doubt you can work on the nozzle or hoses w/o removing the tank.
    The S series boats have more room Mike

9. Member
    more room would be nice

10. Member
    Yes I can get to them, I’m sure I have enough room between the tank and well. I’ll know in a little while if it’ll work or not.

11. Member
    If it is pumping out the side of the boat when the red nozzle is pulled out then nothing is clogged in the hose from the pump to the fitting. There is a white plastic nut looks like a tiny sprocket right behind the red nozzle. unscrew this nut with your fingers and pull the whole red nozzle out and examine it and blow or shoot water through it. While you have it out turn on the recirc pump and make sure water is coming out in the livewell. You might have to put your thumb over the pumpout fitting on the outside of the boat to make sure the water is forced through the fitting in the livewell. You should be able to locate the clog easily like this. I think it would be inside the red nozzle or perhaps the red nozzle may be broken.

12. Member
    Thanks everyone for the help.. I got it working

13. Member
    What was it?

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    What was it?
    Sure would be nice to know... Dan

15. Member
    Thats a flow rite system if hooked up right it runs only on the recirculate pump.it supposed to pump the water in the live well that's already in it when the button is pushed in and pumps it out when you pull the red button out,aerator pump has its own fitting and does not run this system