Daiwa BG or Fuego LT??

Trying to decide...any wisdom or experience?

have mostly Shimano spinning but last purchase was a Daiwa Procyon and really like it...

mostly good reviews for both...find it funny they have 2 options at this same price point

2. Member
    I bought 4 Fuegos around Christmas. From what I gather the BG is geared towards saltwater, but lots of guys using them in fresh. It's heavier, and probably more durable.

3. Member
    The BG reels are designed for salt water applications with sizes up to 8000. The bass size reels are about 2 oz heavier than a comparable Fuego. I have a 1500 BG and it is one of my favorite spinning reels. The Fuegos are designed from the ground up to be light, and they are certainly that. All of the LT series reels seem to be very nice reels, light and smooth. If the weight is an issue for you I would recommend the Fuego. The BG is a tank, I can not imagine a better reel to wade fish with, where it might get dunked. I have had my BG for about 2 years with no problems. I do not however own any of the LT series reels but have handled all of them. If I were buying a new reel today I might go with an LT instead of a BG but it would be a hard choice.

Weight isn't an issue...

are the BG's sized the same? I use 2500/3000 sized reels now so can I expect this "saltwater" BG to be about on par? Don 't expect to see any in person...

5. Member
    physically they will be fairly close to the same size, just heavier.

6. Member
    I have both the Fuego and the BG. Both very good reels for the money but I prefer the Bg. I also like the T handle better than the round knob on the Fuego.

7. Member
    There are a couple of reviews on Youtube. The reviewers seem to like them, but I always take everything on YT with a grain of salt.

8. Member
    I would get the 2500 bg. If taken care of it will last the rest of your life.

9. Member
    Check out Alan Hawke's review on the BG, he really likes it, but as timinmo said, some might find it a little heavy.

10. Member
    My 2500 BG is the best $100 I have ever spent on a fishing reel.