Thread: Livewell

Livewell

96 Cajun 185. Is there a setting on the livewell controls to prevent them from filling when not in use? Will the controls set to recirculate keep them from filling or is a drain plug the only solution?

2. Member
    Unless someone changed things you should have an off on the controls.

3. Member
    Ok. Thanks

4. Member
    So I checked the 2 livewell controls and they have 3 settings with pictures. Looks like they are for fill, drain, and recirc judging by the arrows on the controls. But no off. I have a rocker switch on the console for the aerator but no off or closed switch to stop the livewells from filling up from gravity. Would the switch be located somewhere else? 1996 Ragin Cajun 185 Travis edition.

Setting the valve control levers to Recirc should close the valve from letting water in or out. With the boat out of the water, fill the livewell, set to Recirc and make sure no water is escaping the system (before or after the valve).

6. Member
    I misunderstood the question, I thought you meant the pump controls. Check it out like CastingCall said, those valves get stuck and sometimes don't move.

7. Member
    Thanks. I'll give it a try.

8. Member
    I have the same controls and the valves leak even after replacing the valve assemblies. The only way to stop the water from leaking in is to use a plug in the drain holes. This works but is a pain when you have to pull the plug out with the boat on the water after catching a keeper. I do leave the controls on Recirc also, that hepls

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

Quote Originally Posted by scubatelco View Post
    I have the same controls and the valves leak even after replacing the valve assemblies. The only way to stop the water from leaking in is to use a plug in the drain holes. This works but is a pain when you have to pull the plug out with the boat on the water after catching a keeper. I do leave the controls on Recirc also, that hepls
    Use the rubber plugs with levers - Tie some line to the lever, and leave enough length for a finger loop to stick out of the lid when it's closed. When you open the lid, grab the line, pull the plug and Voila! Done. No more bending down into the livewell.
    Bottom of the

10. Member
    Thanks