Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    here you take advantage of the lack of child labor laws in this area
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member

here you can see all the rust im digging out from various ares of the trailer and look at the tubing which was used to house the wireing it is all rusted i cut each one out and ground the rusty weld down now its on to get a weld shop to weld me a new method i think i have a good idea of how i want this to go i was gonna weld a washer on to a one inch by one inch piece of metal and then well it to the frame that way its away from the frame and can dry. then its on to linex

3. Member
    so here is a sneak peek at the new fender and new color of the boat. l

4. Member
    well thats it for now i have to get some sleep and get up early tomorrow and work on that rusty trailer some more to get it ready for welding and then linex. i will go get some more pics of the boat progress with the stress cracks in the top cap i have a good video but i know i cant load that sucker without losing more hair. I did however learn how to do better pics on here i actually got away with pics greater than 97kb i went to 137kb i wonder how high i can go hmmmmm. once i get the boat back i will get the new seats in ad do the rug may in reverse order. I will post more later i have some good pics of the boat without the rubrail and many of the stress cracks grooved out and the motor off the transom.

5. Member
    any advice or tips are welcome as far as rust removal goes and any other part of the project thanks in advance guys.

6. Member
    Wow this is going to look great!
    2016 Ranger Z522 Mercury Racing 300

7. Member
    so you may noticed that the original color of the trailer was the maroon color and how rusty the trailer looked so two years ago i got some place to sand blast the trailer and epoxy coat it and it took care of about 80% of the rust issue. But i see some more and i hell bent on getting rid of it. so this time i will get all the rust off my self. I think where the failure happened on the epoxy coat was thes little tubes which rusted out and couldnt get a solid seal on the trailer. this time i took care of that all rust will be grinded out my self and i will put OSPHO on it to keep rust inert. I did a lanscaping trailr two years ago and it looks brand new still. The ospho stopped the rust in its tracks

8. Member
    Keep the progress pics coming.

9. Member
    Very interesting. Please keep us updated? Looking forward to seeing it finished.
    Ranger 520vx Yamaha 225 ox66.

10. Member
    Will post some more as it goes dont worry. give me a few more days got some long days at work coming up and wont be able to work on it as much but it coming guys hope it turns out good spent most of today chipping away at rust on the trailer and steel brushing thisgs. got the bunks off today as well gonna get the spare tire and some other stuff on saturday if time permits but it will come. thanks guys. the thought of the day after grinding for hours is KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN AND DO A LITTLE BIT AT A TIME.

11. Member
    here is the transom you can see big time fading it is not dirty pretty rough to the touch too.

12. Member
    you may be able to see these cracks a little better.

13. Member

14. Member

15. Member

16. Member

17. Member

18. Member
    so here are some deconstruction pics and grinding out the stress cracks also you can see where water could get in by the transom along that seem. im gonna hit that with 4300 and silicone the ends very good when hes done the rubrail.

19. Member
    Wow! Great pics! Tons of work on that girl! Look forward to the finishes going on her.

20. Member
    here are some pics of the new gel coat metal flake and clear gel put on the boat by lamont. It looks so awesome and the pics just dont do it justice.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast