Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    IMAG2803.jpg

IMAG2990.jpg

IMAG3000.jpg all the hatches are off the boat and glue scraped off and waiting for carpet to come in.

2. Member
    darn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ranger521znem; 03-23-2019 at 08:05 PM.

3. Member
    IMAG3014.jpgIMAG3028.jpg

IMAG3030.jpggot the big middle hatch done and on the kitchen bar,,,,wife must love me she never complains about my projects and how they wind up from the garage to the kitchen, living room, dining room, it goes on and on.

IMAG3038.jpg
    Last edited by ranger521znem; 03-23-2019 at 08:04 PM.

4. Member
    IMAG3012.jpg

IMAG3040.jpg

IMAG3013.jpg

IMAG3014.jpgIMAG3028.jpg

IMAG3030.jpggot the big middle hatch done and on the kitchen bar,,,,wife must love me she never complains about my projects and how they wind up from the garage to the kitchen, living room, dining room, it goes on and on.

IMAG3038.jpg

Attachment 357537

5. Member

6. Member

7. Member

8. Member

9. Member

10. Member

11. Member

12. Member
    SO HERE ARE SOME tools that I used and I thought it may help you out.
    IMAG3062.jpgI had to use these babies bc on my hatches the pop rivets broke off and i drilled them out and drilled a hole that would fit this wall anchor and man they are stronger than anything and they do last forever believe it or not if this happens to you just try this you have nothing to lose.

IMAG3060.jpgdrill the hole so you can push the wall anchor in at least 3/4 of the way then tap gently with hammer and your ready to screw a stainless steel screw in and call it.

IMAG3064.jpgthese were awesome for cleaning glue off my fingers so I would not transfer glue to my new carpet. use mineral spirits on them and the glue wipes right off also these are great if your painting rooms in your house, dont use a rag to wipe up droplets of paint bc rags gets messy use a cotton round and chuck it done, ask your wife where to get these.
    IMAG3065.jpgI found this type a cheap razor was the best I used the back of the razor to crease the carpet I would do the crease thing 3-4 times then hit the crease with the blade and bang clean cut.
    IMAG3068.jpg use this for getting glue up these attatchments on multipourpose tool was awesome and wire wheel in some spots also.

IMAG3069.jpgbought 5 of these cheap brushes for glueing the sides of the hatches and inside of hatches and when done chuckem. hint if you have glue on your brush it will get hard so wrap it in zip loc baggie and it will last hours.

13. Member
    also I know lots of people ad questions about the glue and I bought it right from ranger and I got 2 gallons and it looked just like well wood cement it was a clear brown looking glue, for big areas I used a palstic dixie cup to pour on the area and 1/16th trowel worked beutifully and used the brush to get to areas that the trowel couldnt get to. let glue sit about 5 min and it got tacky and then just put the carpet to it and let it sit about two hours and done. I had a wooden dowel to roll on the carpet once i layed it down to flatten it and get any wrinkles out but it went pretty flawless. I just took my time and I think thats the best piece of advise I could give. Just think it out before you glue do a couple dry runs with the carpet and I used weights to keep the carpet in place would fold half of carpet back lay glue then unroll the carpet back on the glue let it sit about hour then do the other side same way.

14. Member
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

15. Member
    IMAG3063.jpgso here is a cool tip i felt might help you if you try the carpet thing. this is a piece of the old trim and I shaved the beak off of it and used it as a guide to make my final cuts so the trim would fit, just make your guide about 3-4 inches and cut that much at a time. remember crease the carpet 3 times with the back of the blade then hit it with the blade and it will come right off clean cuts too. this way you wont cut too much off. use the guide it helps and I would periodically check with a piece of the new trim to make sure we were good. note that if you order the trim from ranger dont cut off more than an inch because I barley made it thank god i did not cut off 2 inches. also make sure you watch your fingers when useing the guide dont put your finger over the edge then cut or you will cut your self. now i cant believe i didnt get any cuts what soever. believe it or not the worse part of this was putting the hatches back on the boat man those hinges and finding the old holes *use a pin to find them (the holes) and make marks in the hatches and on the boat where the old holes will be* I bought a box of ss screws and put all new hardware in there.
    Last edited by ranger521znem; 01-27-2021 at 10:46 PM.

16. Member
    tomorrow i have to put on the passenger side console and I think shes done for now later I will add some LED light strips under the seats in hatches, and on the front deck. I also have to put on my ranger decals.
    Last edited by ranger521znem; 01-27-2021 at 10:47 PM.

17. Member
    the corners of the hatches turned out very nice and you cant even tell there is a corner there. I did use the sticky atop the resto page it worked awesome so thanks everyone for their posts my boat looks brand new again the new carpet and gel coat and new rims and new seats and new fenders all look awesome and she looks like a brand new BIRD at least for me she does.
    Last edited by ranger521znem; 01-27-2021 at 10:48 PM.

18. Member
    Wow! Great job. Looks better than new. I wish you were my next door neighbor to coach me through when I decide to do this. Lol. Beautiful. Thanks for all the details.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Heethen View Post
    Wow! Great job. Looks better than new. I wish you were my next door neighbor to coach me through when I decide to do this. Lol. Beautiful. Thanks for all the details.
    thks no probs any questions just ask

20. Member
    Great job! I have the same boat and am considering replacing the carpet as well. How much time do you estimate it took to do this? Did you reuse or replace the black carpet trim on the front and rear deck? Where did you get the carpet?

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast