Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ROOD View Post
    Great job! I have the same boat and am considering replacing the carpet as well. How much time do you estimate it took to do this? Did you reuse or replace the black carpet trim on the front and rear deck? Where did you get the carpet?
    I bought carpet from ranger, and new trim from ranger and caps for the trim from ranger. I got the glue from ranger. I thinkabout 40 hours bc the weather was so bad i could only work on it little at a time, i took all the rug off one day took about 2-3 hours bc it just came right up was so deteriated it literally blew dust in my eyes with every touch. then one daygot the lids scraped up with oscillating tool it just came rihgt up. that didnt take long either the rug just came right off with plyers then pull entire thing off, then spent couple hours on the front deck and back deck and bottom middle each then vaccum all the dust out. wiped down with damp rag few times. once the glue and carpet came in i roolled it out on the lawn with the nap pointing to motor (you can see it from the side or rub your hand down it and you can tell it should be smooth towards the motor).

2. Banned
    Great post thanks for sharing

3. Member
    thought some may want to know
    carpet was 308
    trim was 58
    need 2 gallons of the glue think it was 80 total
    and the middle carpet was a precut with border 108
    shipping 50

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdawg View Post
    Great post thanks for sharing
    no problem hope this helps some people out. when i see the final produt it was well worth it. I have to order a front pad under the trolling motor.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ROOD View Post
    Great job! I have the same boat and am considering replacing the carpet as well. How much time do you estimate it took to do this? Did you reuse or replace the black carpet trim on the front and rear deck? Where did you get the carpet?

go with new trim it will give you a good clean sharp look. I dont think you will be able to tuck carpet under the old existing at least not on our boat. our boat does have a ridge that is just big enough for the 3m trim to fit on to and once on the ridge it will automatically cover the carpet and look awesome. Im so glad I did this. just put the whole roll of trim on a white bucket and put a heater in front of it (5 feet away) and in ten min it will be nice and supple. have a buddy kinda hold the roll as you push the trim in the gunnel and down on the ridge and have your buddy pull the red backing off too so you can concentrate on sticking the trim down. I thought it was gonna be a bird but it was so easy. just make sure you cut perfect and go over it couple times if not sure. use the guide idea and check it.

6. Member
    Great info - thanks!

7. Member
    no problem hope ithelps people out. if your carpet is becoming an eyesore just do it. also the longer you wait the esier it may be for the carpet and glue to come up, by that time its an eyesore just pull it.

8. Member
    just got my domed ranger decals and I love them they couldnt be any cooler. I changed them up a bit though and used red metal flake for the inside vs the black.
    IMAG3203.jpg

IMAG3205.jpg

IMAG3206.jpg

IMAG3207.jpg

9. Member
    IMAG3210.jpg
    IMAG3211.jpg IMAG3213.jpg IMAG3216.jpg IMAG3215.jpg

sorry if the pics came out over exposed it was real sunny and my phone dont do well in the bright sun. but t. hey are rich and red as anything could be in person. hope you enjoy the pics shes about done just waiting for the new windshileds and front skid pad to come in.

10. Member
    You ought to go into the business. That is 1 beautiful boat. You should be extremely proud of yourself.

11. Member
    thanks it was a long hull to get to this point. I think im gonna make a tackle organizer for the middle rod compartment with removable slots and then do some L E D lights on the trailer and deck. I look at the boat and cant believe its 16 years old. Im gonna go and buy a garage for it when taxes come back bc I just cant let the SUN beat the piss out of the clear gel coat and fade the gel coat itself. Its real smooth now and I hope i can keep it that way but you know its coming that first scratch.

12. Member
    I'm interested to see what your plans are with the tackle organizer. Keep it coming!

13. Member
    So I have been trying to get out and go fishing a little and not work on the boat so much but the wether just wont let me have fun and I got sick a few times but Im going this thursday. I went out two weeks ago and got 18 largemouth and two small stipers. Not too bad but......anyway while the wether has me grounded due to 30mph winds and rain I decided to make a front deck step and man it turned out nice and I like it alot very strong and NO give and Im 280. My knees kinda feel it now so I went and built it. Had a hard time gettin over the idea of drilling a hole in the boat but once i got ove that it was easy and cheap. hear are some pics if you want to see any.

IMAG3334.jpg IMAG3335.jpg IMAG3336.jpg IMAG3338.jpg IMAG3341.jpg IMAG3342.jpg

14. Member
    This is incredible. It is good to know that someone like you has done it right. I will really consider doing this for mine very soon. I've only replaced my hubs, axles, master cylinder and just added a hot foot. You are light years ahead of that. Great work sir!
    2020 Ranger Z521C, 2019 Mercury Pro XS 4 stroke
    2016 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat
    Winona Lake, IN

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KC Ranger View Post
    This is incredible. It is good to know that someone like you has done it right. I will really consider doing this for mine very soon. I've only replaced my hubs, axles, master cylinder and just added a hot foot. You are light years ahead of that. Great work sir!
    Wow thanks for the comment appreciate that i have to say e everyone on the forum is a help with tips and sorts thankyou all so much i learned alot on here and a bunch of nice guys too and good luck on your upgrades as well

16. Member
    so my wife insisted that I buy new windshields and put them on she didnt like the ones with the skulls on them so who am i to dissapoint her as a good husband i agreed and bought two new widshileds for $95 a piece. i know the pics didnt come out good bc of the sun but here they are.
    IMAG3347.jpg IMAG3346.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

17. Member
    If you notice where the courtesy lights go there is a round hole there and no light. well i have the lights a black pair and a silver pair which is all ranger had now was silver. the black pair the red wire fell out of the switch mechanism so i had to use the silver ones. now the newer lights have a housing on the back of the light which is OVAL and not round so i had to use a burr on my drill and shape the hole to and oval one so the light would fit.
    IMAG3396.jpgIMAG3394.jpg

18. Member
    sorry for the pics of the lights they are off i guess i should get a pic of them on they are pretty bright LED lights but they now fit. in case any one needs to know the red wire coming out of the light gets attatched to the blue wire coming out of the side hole on passeger side and black to black. there is a red with purple stripe wire and a black wire also these do not play any part of the lights. I think they are there in case you want to add a stereo or something and are not attatched to anything but are hot and ready when you are.

19. Member
    so i got tired of my center storage getting messy and my tackle boxes sliding around so I made a tackle organizer and I do like it, I think it may not be for everyone bc it takes up rod space in the center storage kinda. now I can put as many rods in there as I want to still with the organizer but if I want a certain tackle box I would have to remove some rods. Lucky for me i put a lot of rods in my port hatch and not so many in the center so I think this will work for me as it did free up some more space. so here it is hope you guys like it.
    IMAG3385.jpg IMAG3387.jpg IMAG3390.jpg IMAG3391.jpg it can hold 9 of the tackle trays and I left the very front for some quick odds and ends that i may want to keep a few of for fast getting to and the front of my driver console holds even more tackle inserts this is plenty for me.

Last edited by ranger521znem; 04-17-2021 at 09:21 PM.

20. Member
    the sides of the organizer leaves enough space for my spinner bait boxes also I guess if i had to I could put even more tackle inserts on the sides of it but I may leave it empty for a rolled up jacket on something like that.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast