My Onix gets 3rd trip to Humminbird repair!

As the subject states, Onix problems with intermittent issues with 2d sonar and si. I wrote a comprehensive letter describing my complaints.
    Sent it last week and an email stated the control head was replaced was recieved yesterday.. I looked on the box and it says Solix 10 ci si. I have to think some of the Onix could not be repaired for some reason. Anyway for a 2.5 year old unit I would say they stepped up to the plate. Thanks Humminbird!
    Greg Harrison

2. Member
    I sent my Onix 10 in for repair and they said that Humminbird wasn't repairing them and they offered me a Solix for 1/2 price. Not as good as your deal but I took it nonetheless.

3. Member
    I think mine was an extreme case. My unit had never worked correctly. Humminbird then replaced all components inside and outside the case. It still had issues with zoom feature on 2d. Now that I rethink the situation it had been returned four times.
    Like you I would have accepted the the half price offer. I think they felt sorry for me since I had never had a trouble free day with that unit.
    The problem with software defined units like the Onix is that a reported problem can be software or hardware related and they can be hell to repair.
    Glad u got some relief with your problem child. I hope u like the Solix. It is a worthwhile upgrade to me.
    Happy fishin'
    Greg Harrison

4. Member
    I bought my Onix in 2014 and that year it was junk. I got it repaired under warranty the next winter and then the first software upgrade transformed it. I was perfectly happy with it after that until the sonar (SI, DI and 2D) all died last summer and the power draw dropped in half. That first year I spent half the summer dealing with the Autochart guru thinking it was a software problem when it was hardware. I am hoping that next summer I will be happey with the Solix. Never buy complicated devices year 1.
    Niels

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ncggun View Post
    I bought my Onix in 2014 and that year it was junk. I got it repaired under warranty the next winter and then the first software upgrade transformed it. I was perfectly happy with it after that until the sonar (SI, DI and 2D) all died last summer and the power draw dropped in half. That first year I spent half the summer dealing with the Autochart guru thinking it was a software problem when it was hardware. I am hoping that next summer I will be happey with the Solix. Never buy complicated devices year 1.
    Niels
    They need Beta testers...LOL
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    They need Beta testers...LOL
    Beta Testas

7. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    They need MORE Beta testers...LOL
    There Wes, I fixed it for you ...
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

8. Member
    Apparently since retiring I have become a Beta Tester - nice to know a guy can still make a career change at this stage. LOL

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ncggun View Post
    Apparently since retiring I have become a Beta Tester - nice to know a guy can still make a career change at this stage. LOL
    I think we only have a choice to be a Beta tester or buy old and find out how soon they replace what you just bought when it comes to these electronics....LOL
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    There Wes, I fixed it for you ...
    Thanks Robert. More is always better....LOL
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

11. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar

Thumbs Up

Thanks Robert. More is always better....LOL

It is too!
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/