Manual Jackplate moving

I’ve got a 18 zx225 with 225 sho and I noticed a few week ago my jackplate was uneven. Left side was at 6 dots and right side was at 4. Moved right side up to 6 dots thinking maybe it was uneven from the dealer. Checked this week and now left side has 7 dots showing and right side has 8 dots showing. Both bolts for the slide are tight. Gonna call dealer tomorrow but was just seeing if anybody else had ever had this problem. If so what corrected it?

2. Member
    Loosen both sides then rock the motor back and forth by hand until it evens out. Then adjust it up or down and tighten it all back up. Once the slide bolts are tight, snug up the center height adjusting bolt.

3. Member
    what happened to quality control at skeeter,,,,they are like NITRO now.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by creekchub View Post
    what happened to quality control at skeeter,,,,they are like NITRO now.
    it has nothing to do with skeeter they loosen up when new every once and a while it happens on every boat made if it does fall on anyone it’s the dealer for not correcting it during prep. Also you need to check the torque periodically as you should be doing with the transom bolts or any other bolt on the boat.
    2017 Skeeter ZX225
    12” Bobs Action Jack
    Dual Powers Poles

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishHarder View Post
    I’ve got a 18 zx225 with 225 sho and I noticed a few week ago my jackplate was uneven. Left side was at 6 dots and right side was at 4. Moved right side up to 6 dots thinking maybe it was uneven from the dealer. Checked this week and now left side has 7 dots showing and right side has 8 dots showing. Both bolts for the slide are tight. Gonna call dealer tomorrow but was just seeing if anybody else had ever had this problem. If so what corrected it?
    you say tight but did you use a torque wrench on them I only ask because when I adjusted mine I called them tight and wound up with the same issue you’re having so I adjusted it again and torqued to 80lbs and haven’t had a problem since
    2017 Skeeter ZX225
    12” Bobs Action Jack
    Dual Powers Poles

6. Member
    I had the same thing happen on my '18 zx225. Ran some rough water one day and was checking everything over closely afterward and noticed it. 2 dots difference from left to right and I know it was even when I picked it up from the dealer. Once I loosened the bolts I had to put a 4x4 under the motor and just lightly bump the skeg down against it a couple times with the trim to get it out of the bind (tried by hand first with no luck). Got it adjusted to about 8 dots on both sides and thought I had the bolts tight. Checked again after the next trip out and sure enough, 1 dot off from left to right. Repeated the process above and torqued to 80lbs (which was more than I expected it would need; I didn't want to smash the lock washer out). Been out at least a dozen times since with no movement and I'm running 72-73mph at 5,900-6,000rpm in 90 degree heat so I'm happy (no power poles). About once a month I hit the lug nuts on the trailer, motor mount and jack plate nuts on the boat with a torque wrench just to make sure everything stays snug and it usually is. I don't think you'll have any worries.

7. Member
    I did not use a torque wrench when I tightened them but I will this time. When I spoke with the dealer they said they had never seen that happen and didn’t know what would cause it. Thanks for the help. I’ll report back when I run the boat again.