Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    jay34rw I have the last 2018 built from Legend and I am not trying to complain by any means but the statement made about the fit and finish is second to none is highly over rated from what I can see on my boat. I custom ordered the boat and I see in several places where the gel goat finish is not up to par. I have owned just about every boat that you can own and this finish or workmanship of this boat is at best sub par to me. So far I have owned three different Bullet boats and I have found that the fit and finish is near the top, notice I did not say second to none. Needless to say I will keep this boat 2-3 years and it will be gone and I will buy another boat brand unknown at this time but I don't keep a boat over a couple of years and I promise you I will never buy another Legend if they all are like mine. Simple things that are very fixable at the factory were over looked that the dealer or myself have taken care of should not have ever went out the door.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by donniec View Post
    jay34rw I have the last 2018 built from Legend and I am not trying to complain by any means but the statement made about the fit and finish is second to none is highly over rated from what I can see on my boat. I custom ordered the boat and I see in several places where the gel goat finish is not up to par. I have owned just about every boat that you can own and this finish or workmanship of this boat is at best sub par to me. So far I have owned three different Bullet boats and I have found that the fit and finish is near the top, notice I did not say second to none. Needless to say I will keep this boat 2-3 years and it will be gone and I will buy another boat brand unknown at this time but I don't keep a boat over a couple of years and I promise you I will never buy another Legend if they all are like mine. Simple things that are very fixable at the factory were over looked that the dealer or myself have taken care of should not have ever went out the door.
    That's very unfortunate! It has been my experience owning early Triton, and then 9 Basscat's (all of which were very well built with no complaints) that the V20 I have is by far the best fit and finish of any prior boat. Perhaps the influx of the TRX series from Triton into the former Legend plant diminished some level of workmanship. In any case, sorry to hear of your less then complete satisfaction.

I agree about the Bullet. My partner has a 21 XDC and it is a very well built boat. Top on the line fit and finish. Very different fishing platform then the V20 however.

3. Member
    Your boat was built my wrmg not the legend employees of past builds.

I'll add that I also had imperfections in my gel coat/metal flake. In certain areas, the metal flake was blotchy/missing.

5. Member
    There are exceptions to every rule. Perhaps the quality control wasn't up to par with paint on the last ones produced. I have a 2018 waiting for me so I will see for myself if that is true on mine as well but over all I've not heard anyone else say their paint was not done well. I'm sure every manufacture has one slip by here and there and that is my point. Sorry to hear yours wasn't perfect but these things do happen. You should definitely call WRMG

6. Member
    I am not trying to bash my boat, I looked at several before I confirmed my order on Jan 15 and received my boat on July 2. I was very pleased with the other boats I had looked at and was kind a shocked when I looked at it the first time but we are working through all of the issues. I have a great dealer to work with and has and still is bending over backwards to make it right. I have bought several boats from my dealer and will continue to buy from him as long as he treats me right. I will keep this boat a couple of years and sell it like always and start all over. The boat will be taken care and be up to true Legend standards when I get finished with it. I have the OCD bad. The boat is washed and detailed by me each time I use it. The next person that buys the boat will have a near perfect Legend with out the head aches that I have went through with this one. This is a great boat still compared to the normal cookie cutters out there, but when I pay for a Cadilac that is what I expect, Full loaded custom Legends are not cheap.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieV20 View Post
    Your boat was built my wrmg not the legend employees of past builds.
    Sorry donnie, he's right... Your picked the wrong time to order that boat unfortunately, hope you don't have many problems with it.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmasterffej View Post
    I'll add that I also had imperfections in my gel coat/metal flake. In certain areas, the metal flake was blotchy/missing.
    You have everything wrong with yours that what ever anyone says they had. All you do is bash the boat,but when you first got it , it was the greatest. Then you tried to sell and it was the greatest again. When it sold it was according to you junk. Make up your mind
    Livin the dream
    2013 Legend 211
    250 Pro Xs

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend 2013 View Post
    You have everything wrong with yours that what ever anyone says they had. All you do is bash the boat,but when you first got it , it was the greatest. Then you tried to sell and it was the greatest again. When it sold it was according to you junk. Make up your mind
    Couldn't agree more.. Jeff has a thing against Legend. He just won't go away..

Lol Come on guys...Get real...I didn't start this thread. I'm only giving my honest opinion/experience with an early model V20. To this day, out of all of the boats I've owned, the V20 had the potential to be my favorite. Don't be butthurt and disgruntled because I don't get on here and spread sunshine and rainbows about the V20 after owning one. I'm not bashing Legend and I'm not misleading anyone.
    Last edited by bassmasterffej; 09-21-2018 at 05:21 AM.

11. Member
    I don’t think I would one if there using foam to hold the deck up

12. Member
    Every builder uses marine foam in those type of voids to fill the space

13. Member
    Some of the early 15's had some issues (weight distribution, gelcoat cracks mainly) . All the ones I heard about were fixed by Legend. The mid to late 15's going into 16 and on, seem to be very solid. I'm sure there will be the few that still had issues. In late 15 is when they started making changes to the cooler/step area, center box floor etc area under the topcap for the gelcoat cracking, as well as the transom for the issues with weight. My 15 had some problems initially. Legend took it back and made it right. As of right now I'm planning on keeping my V20. I'v had plenty of opportunity to unload it and get into several other manufacture boats but there's not another glass boat that I like better than my V20.
    Johnny
    "Short Brown & Round"

Sun Tropic Outdoors & Shooting Team

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12