Thread: Rod shipping

Rod shipping

Best and cheapest way to ship rod.

Thin wall PVC tube and FedEx with insurance. Make sure to use plenty of bubble wrap to keep the rod from bouncing around. Costs around $30-$35 bucks on average

3. Member
    I agree with the PVC 3" tube is perfect. As for FEDEX they always try to rip me off I have had better luck with the postoffice and priority mail believe it or not.

4. Member
    Go online and create an account through Fedex or USPS etc and enter the shipping info with demensions and select store drop off. Last time I did this I shipped the rod in a plastic tube for around $22-$25 dollars. When I took it to Fedex they charged me $35 for the same thing.

5. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by LOZSteve View Post
    Go online and create an account through Fedex or USPS etc and enter the shipping info with demensions and select store drop off. Last time I did this I shipped the rod in a plastic tube for around $22-$25 dollars. When I took it to Fedex they charged me $35 for the same thing.
    With Fedex and the account, if you can weigh the tube, they'll come pick it up for nothing. In my area Fedex is cheaper than UPS and I won't even consider USPS.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

PVC - 2" tube for casting rod, 3" for spinning.

Keep it under 96" or they will add on $120 oversize fee at FedEx or UPS.

PVC tube 2-3 inch. Ship USPS and buy shipping online or through paypal. Priority mail 1-3 days is $15-30. Ive shipped a lot of rods over the years, and they have always been the cheapest for me. Ive shipped several in the last few days and shipping ranged from $18-26.

Alex get ready I may be ordering a custom brawler or two in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by PumaMatt View Post
    Alex get ready I may be ordering a custom brawler or two in the next few weeks.

10. Member
    If you wish to receive a 2 piece rod use the post office then watch them deny your claim

I have never trusted USPS...too many horror stories of broken rods. I have had two rods show up broken to USPS...and it was hell getting a claim for them to pay for it. You know how many rods I have shipped through Fedex show up broken? Zero...

12. Member
    PumaMatt knows. Printing through PayPal saves a lot. Usually it’s $18ish to ship in a 3” pvc tube. Plus it saves you a trip to the post office

Quote Originally Posted by fluke1987 View Post
    I have never trusted USPS...too many horror stories of broken rods. I have had two rods show up broken to USPS...and it was hell getting a claim for them to pay for it. You know how many rods I have shipped through Fedex show up broken? Zero...
    I’m the opposite. I’ve probably shipped 20-25 rods USPS and never had a problem with one being broken or anything else.