Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Woohooo, the walls for the boat cave are finally going up

We contracted a 14X24 detached garage not long after we moved in. The guys are finally here to put up the walls finish up everything but the electricity. I'll be sooooo glad to get this project finished and the boat back home.

2. Member
    Should be a nice addition, enjoy the project

nice, but you will wish it was bigger.

4. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    Put more electrical outlets in your boat cave, led shop light.

5. Member

It's amazing what three good ole boys can get done in a 9-5 days work. I bet they have it all done and I am waiting on the electrician by Friday afternoon.

Jbassman I wanted it bigger from the get go. I can't make it much wider because of property line and the pool. I could have gone longer and know I am gonna wish I had. The budget is stretched as it is. 25K doesn't go far around here when you can't cut a straight line.

Looking good...gonna make a fine boat house.

7. Member
    Looks like its going to be a pretty nice boat cave. Enjoy.

8. Member

9. Member
    Tits

10. Banned
    Congrats... Shoulda' made the pool your test tank... Mamma might not be too happy so good choice... Dan

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post

It's amazing what three good ole boys can get done in a 9-5 days work. I bet they have it all done and I am waiting on the electrician by Friday afternoon.

Jbassman I wanted it bigger from the get go. I can't make it much wider because of property line and the pool. I could have gone longer and know I am gonna wish I had. The budget is stretched as it is. 25K doesn't go far around here when you can't cut a straight line.
    No offense but for 25k it should have been built in a day. Are you putting brick on exterior?

Congrats

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    No offense but for 25k it should have been built in a day. Are you putting brick on exterior?
    Vinyl siding. I had two other bids, one was right at 30, and the other was 32. I’d hate to think what brick to match the house would have cost. I live 45 mins outside a city that has 100 new occupants a DAY. It’s been booming that way for several years. Believe it or not construction is still considered reasonable here compared to Nashville.

14. Member
    It's looking good!

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Vinyl siding. I had two other bids, one was right at 30, and the other was 32. I’d hate to think what brick to match the house would have cost. I live 45 mins outside a city that has 100 new occupants a DAY. It’s been booming that way for several years. Believe it or not construction is still considered reasonable here compared to Nashville.
    Yeah, I worked at new lg plant for 5 months past spring. Never got so sick of a place in my life

16. Major Flagelator Gamblinman's Avatar
    Floor drain?
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

17. Member
    No floor drain. I’m not going to wash anything in there and rarely use my livewell.

The electrician wants 1850.00 for six electrical plugs inside, two overhead lights, & two outside lights. That includes the box, permits, etc...

The news was reporting on growth here this morning. Housing is up 33% this year. Nashville has discovered our little area. It’s just insane trying to get skilled labor. The guys doing the work told me they are driving 2.5 hours each way. Their last job was south of Nashville just over the AL line and a 3.5 hour drive. The person who owns the fence company that put up the temporary and will come back fix the front around the garage is working with my wife and I to try and find labor. It’s a common theme all over the country.

You should have said something about being here Rude. Maybe we could have had dinner or gone fishing? We’ve moved to KY twice and understand a place not being right for you.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    No offense!! Dude is being taken to the cleaners. 25k could build 2 car garage.
    2015 189 trx

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by z7extreme View Post
    No offense!! Dude is being taken to the cleaners. 25k could build 2 car garage.
    Not in my area. It would be at least $25 k here......maybe more depending on options for heat/air, etc.

20. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    I'd love to have a dedicated boat garage such as that.

Dale Sinclair original

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast