Central/Southern IL lakes that aren't negatively affected by heavy rains

It's never too early to think about a spring fishing trip.....

So 2 out of the last 3 years, heavy rains have negatively impacted my spring fishing trips. This past year it was downright awful fishing on Newton and Cedar since the water was chocolate milk. Are there any lakes in So/Central IL that come to mind that do not muddy up as bad with heavy rains? I take a spring fishing trip every end of March/1st week of April. Any thoughts are appreciated.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

2. Member
    clinton
    Please release me,let me go.

3. Member
    Wait until may/june and go north instead....Wisconsin has way better fishing.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

Quote Originally Posted by pitbully71 View Post
    Wait until may/june and go north instead....Wisconsin has way better fishing.
    I hear ya. My favorite fishing of the year is June and July up north which is when I take my big trips but when you have a week off in early April, you gotta go fishing somewhere. I have had some GREAT trips at that time of the year in Southern Illinois for prespawn bass when the water was right but it seems that more than half the time, I am fishing cold, muddy water.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

5. Member
    Coffeen very rarely muddies up enough to be a problem. At that time of year, some color in the water could even be helpful.

Prairie lake-Site M

Lake of Egypt shouldn't be to bad. Grass helps filter the muddy water from spring rains. Power plant lake can be fished throughout the year.