Ranger 2017 520 Power issue

This past Saturday our club was about to start a tournament when a buddy asked me to take a look at his hds12 on his bow. He told me it had powered up like it should but then lost power and was unable ro turn it on again. He also told me his keypad (run Button) at the console was flashing blue. He asked me if I had any ideas, which I didn't, so i told him to reset the power breaker so that he could turn off all power on the boat. I looked at the breaker and couldn't figure how to trip it so I could do the reset. It was different from my boat.
    He asked me if I could come over to house and check it out again, but for some reason it was all good all by itself. Anyone know what could have happened or have an answer if it occurs on the water again?

17 should have a jump switch thats used as the battery on off.
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

3. Member
    Sorry for the long story. The breaker question aside. I’m on my buddy’s boat now and he’s having the same problem again today. His bow Lowrace unit is not turning on again and the run button is again blinking. I can’t tell if the lowrance is getting power but I am assuming it is since the other items in the bow have power. The blinking Run light on the console is blinking 8 times and then stops then repeats on and on. Is this a code that is telling me something? Does anyone know what is blinking code could be?

I had the same problem on my 2016 520. I had an interstate cranking battery that just wasn't big enough. I went to Academy, bought a group 31 and it solved all the problems.

5. Member
    turns out the problem may have been a module or electronic switch under the dash that supplies the power to the bow power bus. My friend decided to take it to the dealer yesterday when the problem reoccurred. We found out the blinking light code indicates no or low power to the bow. The service tech saw 2 volts when he checked it. My friend is waiting for the final outcome.

6. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Thanks for the report. Please let us know what happens from this point.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio