Really like our new Wal-Mart

It is nicer but the best part is the pics of shoplifters caught by the Maryland State Police. The WM is like 100 yards from the MSP barracks so I figured little to no crime. MSP posts the shoplifters mug shots and it is a daily routine now. The only part is they changed it to where you cannot see the comments.

Allen

2. Member
    Many times shoplifters are ignored by major stores, I don't know what the threshold is for when Store Security steps in. I had a friend fired from Lowes for confronting a thief from his department.

3. Member
    Walmart goes after shoplifters, at least in my experience with our two stores here.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Junkie View Post
    Walmart goes after shoplifters, at least in my experience with our two stores here.
    Caught ya, huh?

5. Member
    According to one local police officer here in town the local Walmart looses $15,000 to shoplifters every month just in alcohol.

6. Member
    I worked part time loss prevention/door greeter last winter for Walmart here. Every day , at least one shoplifter was caught. The most i observed were 7 in one day. We were told our store lost 2 million dollars in theft last year half of which was attributed to employee theft. There are 4 Walmarts in our town of around 180 to 190 thousand peeps. That is an enormous theft amount if true.

7. Banned
    They closed a walmart supercenter down in Tulsa a few years back because theft was so bad, they eventually reopened about a year later. Police were called to that store 1375 times in 2016.

8. robdy72
    Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    Caught ya, huh?
    Caught twice sounds like.

9. Member
    This post would be so much better with pics.......

When my son worked for store he would tell me some of the stories of shoplifters that were caught.

10 cartons of cigerettes under his shirt, ----- told the store employee he wasn't stealing them, he forgot they were there when he was leaving the store.

The Charmin bandit. 2-3 times a week a cart would be left by the exit door with a package of Charmin toilet paper in the cart. They finally catch him. He brings his own plastic bags ( the stores bags) shops, then bags his groceries ( except the toilet paper) and walks out the door. When the cops question him and search him, he has a Calculator in his pocket. The cop then asked what the dollar amount was of the stolen groceries. When adding up the groceries they discover if the items would have added up to $2.00 more it jumps it up to the next degree of theft. They throw a roast in the cart. When confronted with the dollar amount, the thief says they added incorrectly, and tells them the dollar amount to the penny ----- without the price of the roast. He tells the cops the store employee added the roast ----- like the cops would believe him.

11. Member
    A high per centage of the shoplifters i saw were stealing vacuum cleaners, it was the number 1 theft item and number 2 were big screen TV's number 3 was power tools and number 4 was electronic items.

12. Member
    Worked at Kmart in the 90’s and they definitely tried to catch shoplifters. Two come to mind,a guy caught stealing a buck knife and told the security guys it was a Christmas present for his kid. The other was sad,a women with a baby in a stroller was putting Bras and panties under the child and got busted.
    Red Sox in 6!

13. Banned
    I worked for a grocery store when I was young. I was asked many time to help the loss prevention guy. One time we busted this one guys. This guy was pleading to let him go he was FBI. We got him up to the security room and he took his wallet out and sure enough FBI. Didnt matter LEO were called and he was ticketed. The security guy always said "I dont trust a grandma!" Sure enough I saw him bust a few lol.