Older foot controled MG with new motor,

thing is about 15 years old and had new motor last year. Problem I have is when I go to store it. The shaft goes into the motor about a 1/3 of the way from the prop end, making the forward end heavier, so its a fight to get it horizontal to slide onto the mount. Any one have any suggestions?

Another thing...Now have more power than I need for no wind fishing situations. 24 /1 is too fast and 12/2 or 3 wears my battery down too quick. I have an older spare prop and am thinking about cutting it down in size. Should I shorten the blades or reduce the width of them? (thanks)...BF

2. Member
    Lots of troll motors are nose heavy,solution is to put your foot on the pedal until the motor is cradled. On the prop,I would cut it shorter,making sure it is balanced. But if you do,it is going to reduce the drag on the armature and may damage the motor.

3. Member
    Thanks Rip. Recon I'll just leave it be. Wasn't this difficult with old head. I do have foot on pedal as I go the store it, but extra weight difficult to turn...BF