Banned

Cost of Upgrades?

Looking at getting a new 721 (either on the lot or order depending on what I find)... Just wondering what guys are paying/paid for the following upgrades. I've put a recent quote amount that I received in ($$$). If you prefer to email or text... dustin.daggett@sbcglobal.net or 231-780-7088

Padded Deck ($500)
    Z Lock Manual to Atlas Hydraulic Jackplate ($1500)
    Integrated Wiring ($400)
    Second 1100GPH Bilge ($125)
    112 Fortrex to 112 Ultrex iPilot w/52 shaft ($1600)
    Trailer Shocks ($300)
    Helix 9SI to Helix Mega 12SI (1700)
    Helix 9DI to Helix Mega 10SI (1300)

thx

djd

2. Member
    Only things I would personally balk at would be the jackplate and graphs. I could buy a Bob's hydro plate and sell the POS Z lock to pay for the swap, save money, and have a better component. You can always get a better deal on graphs somewhere else if you have the skills to install. Everything else is worth the upgrade imho.
    2014 920/SHO

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by djd View Post
    Looking at getting a new 721 (either on the lot or order depending on what I find)... Just wondering what guys are paying/paid for the following upgrades. I've put a recent quote amount that I received in ($$$). If you prefer to email or text... dustin.daggett@sbcglobal.net or 231-780-7088

Padded Deck ($500)
    Z Lock Manual to Atlas Hydraulic Jackplate ($1500)
    Integrated Wiring ($400)
    Second 1100GPH Bilge ($125)
    112 Fortrex to 112 Ultrex iPilot w/52 shaft ($1600)
    Trailer Shocks ($300)
    Helix 9SI to Helix Mega 12SI (1700)
    Helix 9DI to Helix Mega 10SI (1300)

thx

djd
    Personally I would add the C - Channel trailer upgrade as well.
    also I would add the padded cooler lid.
    Steven Dendy-Spring Hill, KS
    2017 Phoenix 721 PRO XP 250-PRO XS
    Past Rides

​07 Triton - TR-196 200-Opti
    01 Triton - TR-21 225 HO Johnson
    93 Javelin 379T 91 Rude Intruder

83 Tidecraft - Wildfire F/S 150 Black Max

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by txbass1 View Post
    Only things I would personally balk at would be the jackplate and graphs. I could buy a Bob's hydro plate and sell the POS Z lock to pay for the swap, save money, and have a better component. You can always get a better deal on graphs somewhere else if you have the skills to install. Everything else is worth the upgrade imho.
    I agree. Get the channel trailer also and the large trailer step or trick steps.

5. Member
    There is nothing wrong with a tube trailer at all and the padded cooler lid is imo a joke

6. Member
    Q
    Quote Originally Posted by txbass1 View Post
    I agree with this and I think your getting hosed on the ultrex ilink also.
    The only question is the pricing based on a boat in stock and the dealer is having to replace the
    items or is based on a boat being ordered.
    If it based on a boat in stock and everything has to be re-rigged with your options then I could see why
    the price is a little higher.
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

7. Banned
    Cost is based on ordering a boat. Thanks for all the great input.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassJP View Post
    There is nothing wrong with a tube trailer at all and the padded cooler lid is imo a joke
    sure is nice when you are on your knees digging in the tackle locker. I guess my knees are older than yours !!! As far a channel trailer I like it if you are fishing early in the year towing after snow and ice on road for being able to wash out all the salt. Also makes it easier to deal with a wiring or rewiring issue on trailer.
    Steven Dendy-Spring Hill, KS
    2017 Phoenix 721 PRO XP 250-PRO XS
    Past Rides

​07 Triton - TR-196 200-Opti
    01 Triton - TR-21 225 HO Johnson
    93 Javelin 379T 91 Rude Intruder

83 Tidecraft - Wildfire F/S 150 Black Max

Tube trailer will be stronger with less flex on the highway. Do the camera test and put a Go Pro under each and see for yourself what boat bounces more. None of these trailers and boats are made for salt environments. When taken care of and used properly, a tube trailer will last 30+ years. They also look better and no exposed wires. The last time I re-wired a tube trailer it took all of about 15 minutes with a fish tape and a helper.

LUND 1875 Pro Guide 👊🏻✊🏻

10. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sdendy View Post
    sure is nice when you are on your knees digging in the tackle locker. I guess my knees are older than yours !!! As far a channel trailer I like it if you are fishing early in the year towing after snow and ice on road for being able to wash out all the salt. Also makes it easier to deal with a wiring or rewiring issue on trailer.
    Agreed I passed on the padded cooler lid...bad choice on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    Agreed I passed on the padded cooler lid...bad choice on my part.
    Can’t be to much to purchase one? I don’t think I’ve ever kneeled on the cooler lol.

LUND 1875 Pro Guide 👊🏻✊🏻