Kerr lake rising fast

Jumped a lot since Monday evening. 305.02..
    Was thinking of going Saturday but someone had posted it is predicted to be 312 this coming Sunday..

2. Member
    Yea I saw that. What level can Kerr handle?
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

3. Member
    ive fished a tx there at 314" in the early 2000's

4. Member
    Dam 320. In 1987 we tried launching at the old route 1 steel bridge. Ramp was closed so decided to launch at Kerr lake North bend 4-29-1987'
    Park Rangers would not allow us to put boat in water as too dangerous.
    Water Elev. Was 319.67
    . We drove across dam on Carolina side and was told to leave due to possibility of dam failure.
    Remember trees on middle islands were barely visible.
    All of the spillways were open.
    Last edited by javelin90; 09-18-2018 at 11:00 AM.

Fished there same time. Launched in the parking lot at Eastland. Caught fish in people’s yard arounf picknik tables.

6. Joe4d
    Hah,, I was gonna say same thing,, seemed I fished a Region BASS tourny there back in the 90's and pattern was picnic tables.

7. Member
    Dumfries, Va./ Kerr-Buggs Island, Boydton Va.
    Rudds Creek Ramp the lower level is under water, Army Corps has closed North Bend til the 29th. I spent all of my work day at a WMA so I didnot see all the ramps like I usually get to.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JINXBASS View Post
    Yea I saw that. What level can Kerr handle?
    U can get ready to see your Gaston dock get flooded now

9. Member
    Been following the water levels of both lakes since I was suppose to have a TBF semi final tournament on Kerr this weekend, but it was relocated to Gaston. From the look of things, it seems like Gaston has been steady near full pool while Kerr has been rising.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

Gaston is not a flood control lake, so the window for lake levels is much smaller unless they declare a flood control condition.

11. Member
    I have hard time typing on my phone. Part I left out this morning is that when we crossed back over the dam we went to county line park. Water was past picnic tables. Determination, shoes and socks off. Got my uncle in the boat and then back boat as fat before exhaust was underwater and launched boat on road leading down to the ramp. Yes we caught some fish under picnic tables.
    Crossed James at 95 Richmond and I would not risk my life or boat under the river conditions now...

John H. Kerr Reservoir (Buggs Island Lake), U.S. Army Corps of EngineersYesterday at 2:56 PM ·
    Due to incoming flood waters resulting from Florence, all Corps campgrounds on Kerr / Buggs Island Lake will be closed until further notice.

Lake elevations are predicted to climb 1-3 feet daily and peak at 312 feet mean sea level by Friday night. Ramp status will be posted daily.
    You may call 434-738-6633, and chose option 1 for daily lake elevations. You may also call the Visitor Assistance Center at 434-738-6143.
    Please make an attempt to secure all of your personal property and docks on the shoreline. Thank you for your understanding during this terrible storm and its aftermath.

13. Member
    Good info to have.

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    Yes that was 6-man and it was 317 I recall 94-95 and I made the team came in 3rd!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
    Hah,, I was gonna say same thing,, seemed I fished a Region BASS tourny there back in the 90's and pattern was picnic tables.
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

15. Member
    Dumfries, Va./ Kerr-Buggs Island, Boydton Va.
    Good News for Campers! Kerr Lake elevation is leveling off enough (309 ft.) to allow the Corps to partially re-open sites in Buffalo, North Bend, Rudd's Creek and Longwood Campgrounds this Saturday, September 22nd. Many of the sites are still closed for flooding and minor damage issues, and we are working to repair them. We want to ensure that our customers can return to the Lake they love as quickly as possible. For questions, please call the Kerr Visitor Assistance Center at (434) 738-6143.
    Ramps: Closed --Palmer Pt, Buffalo, and Bluestone.