St Johns River question

Hello Guys. Never fished the St Johns river. Heading down first of October for BFL regionals. Just wondering if anyone would tell me how the tides rising and lowering effect these fish. Never fished any rivers like this so its new to me. Ive got several areas located that I'm gonna check just wondering if the the tides effect these fish in the lake areas off the river. Thanks any info is appreciated.

2. Member
    If the fish are back in the oxbows then I wouldn't expect the tide will affect them as much. As a general rule in the channel the tide does very much affect fish and especially in Oct when the bass are relating to bars, but right now it's almost like a constant outgoing tide because of all of the rain we have had and all the water trying to leave the river. The river is really moving right now, especially in the area of your tourney.

3. Member
    Thanks Soulfisher. Its gonna be different than what Ive fished before so gonna be a learning experience for sure.

Its gonna depend on what part of the river you are fishing. The tide is going in and out just fine in the upper portion of the river. Fish tend to follow the water up and down.

5. Member
    The tide has nominal effect on the River south of Lake George. I assume your tournament is out of Palatka?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    The tide has nominal effect on the River south of Lake George. I assume your tournament is out of Palatka?
    Yes we are going out of Palatka. Hows fishing in Rodman this time of year?