Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lynx - honest real reviews wanted, especially Evinrude

I originally started in a P2, then moved onto Ranger. I have owned many Rangers and the only 2 boats built good are BC and Ranger. JM is killing Ranger quality. I have owned enough to know bc I replace my boat every 2-3 years. I love the Evinrude. Though there are no BC near Houston that will sell one on BC. My question is how does Lynx ride in rough water? I went and looked at the Lynx at a local dealer. Went all through it and it is built right. Honest opinion how does it handle rough water? And does anyone have a dual console that can show me a picture of room between console? That was my other concern was that dual console would be skinny to front deck?

2. Member
    And when I mean rough water ride, I mean compared to a 521c Toledo Bend and Rayburn style

3. Member
    Rockwall Marine is a BassCat/Evinrude dealer I believe. I know it’s a bit of a drive

Here is a photo of a Lynx DC that went out recently.

BCB
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm running a dual / removable console Lynx, it feels like there is more room between the consoles than what I had when I was running a Puma FTD. The consoles are large and work well to block the wind and I haven't felt they are in the way. I marshaled in a Z521L at the Elite event on Oahe, I think the Lynx ride is much better than that. The Lynx has a soft reentry when it comes down after a big wave.

Proptwister is running a G2 Lynx: http://www.bbcboards.net/member.php?u=112253

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fosterfence View Post
    I originally started in a P2, then moved onto Ranger. I have owned many Rangers and the only 2 boats built good are BC and Ranger. JM is killing Ranger quality. I have owned enough to know bc I replace my boat every 2-3 years. I love the Evinrude. Though there are no BC near Houston that will sell one on BC. My question is how does Lynx ride in rough water? I went and looked at the Lynx at a local dealer. Went all through it and it is built right. Honest opinion how does it handle rough water? And does anyone have a dual console that can show me a picture of room between console? That was my other concern was that dual console would be skinny to front deck?
    Sir, Just what quality issues are you referencing regarding Ranger and Johnny Morris??

8. Member

Here are a couple photos of mine
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Member
    While this is my first BassCat, you can not go wrong with the Lynx for rough water. Earlier this spring my brother and I went to Guntersville and the wind was blowing something awful. While we were able to tuck back in some backwater to fish some calmer areas, crossing the main channels to get there was another issue altogether. Serious whitecaps, I'd say easily 2'-3' swells. The boat handled it very well and very dry. My dad has a 521 Ranger and had we been in that boat, we would have been soaked. I know as I've fished with him on much smaller caps and got soaked.

I don't have any good shots of the space between the consoles but space is NOT an issue. Plenty of room between them.

As for the Evinrude, was probably the hardest decision concerning ordering my boat. Debated several weeks and went back and forth between the Verado and G2. Eventually, the 10 year warranty finalized my decision. Picked up the boat in early February and now have almost 60 hours on it. Motor has done nothing but run like a beast. Absolutely no problem and I would not hesitate to select a G2 again.

Feel free to PM me if you have further questions!

http://

2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma

10. Member
    Proptwister this subject with all due respect 90% is driver input in my opinion i have been on lakes in northern calif with north winds in the excess of 30 mph and my Ranger 521c will just go right through those 3 to 4 footers, my old 20 xs Triton i had on Lake Berryessa in 6 footers and never speared a wave or got sprayed, but im a huge Basscat fan and admirer and their Lynx and Jaguar would be my top choices in the future my next boat will be a basscat, you can give a bad driver the best boat and it will ride terrible and you can give the best driver the worst boat and it will ride great thats my opinion with all due respect. Love the boat in your photo those colors are beautiful, i spoke to Rick Pierce about the Lynx at the classic in Houston and he is a real stand up kind of man.

11. Member
    Chime in on ride as well. 75% is driver/25% is boat.
    I have a Puma FTD.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TopgunZ521C View Post
    Proptwister this subject with all due respect 90% is driver input in my opinion i have been on lakes in northern calif with north winds in the excess of 30 mph and my Ranger 521c will just go right through those 3 to 4 footers, my old 20 xs Triton i had on Lake Berryessa in 6 footers and never speared a wave or got sprayed, but im a huge Basscat fan and admirer and their Lynx and Jaguar would be my top choices in the future my next boat will be a basscat, you can give a bad driver the best boat and it will ride terrible and you can give the best driver the worst boat and it will ride great thats my opinion with all due respect. Love the boat in your photo those colors are beautiful, i spoke to Rick Pierce about the Lynx at the classic in Houston and he is a real stand up kind of man.
    Without question driver input has a lot to do with it. And yes, Rick is a top notch guy!

Thank you for the compliments on the colors. Never thought I'd loose sleep over picking colors but I certainly did! Terrified I'd pull into the factory and look over only to say, "Oh sh*t. That's awful!". Thankfully that didn't happen and I've been very pleased with every aspect of the boat. I did have a minor gauge issue initially but my dealer was all over it and got it taken care of.
    2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma

13. Member
    proptwister great looking ride i would love those colors for sure.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TopgunZ521C View Post
    proptwister great looking ride i would love those colors for sure.
    Thank you. Charcoal Mist with Mojave (like a metallic burnt copper) for the bolt and Nutmeg (metallic gold) for the trim.

Ok, I'll admit it. I had the wife drop in to help finalize the colors......I know some of you will want to revoke my Man Card but it worked out well. She's happy because she had some input on the boat, I think it turned out great, everyone is happy! It may have taken 26 years but who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks??
    2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma

15. Member
    I'm in a Lynx G2 250 dual console coming out of an R520C Opti 250 dual console for 5-years. No comparison. The Lynx is a far better rough water ride. Without question - driver experience plays a big part but the hull designs nor fit and finish are comparable. PM me if you have spefic questions.

16. Member
    I've had 6 Rangers 1 Legend V20 and just ordered a Lynx. I'm very excited to see how the Lynx measures up. I won't have the boat until February though. The Lynx will be loaded up and powered by the new Merc 4 stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick McFaul View Post
    I've had 6 Rangers 1 Legend V20 and just ordered a Lynx. I'm very excited to see how the Lynx measures up. I won't have the boat until February though. The Lynx will be loaded up and powered by the new Merc 4 stroke.
    Look forward to your experiences with that set up

18. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by proptwister View Post
    While this is my first BassCat, you can not go wrong with the Lynx for rough water. Earlier this spring my brother and I went to Guntersville and the wind was blowing something awful. While we were able to tuck back in some backwater to fish some calmer areas, crossing the main channels to get there was another issue altogether. Serious whitecaps, I'd say easily 2'-3' swells. The boat handled it very well and very dry. My dad has a 521 Ranger and had we been in that boat, we would have been soaked. I know as I've fished with him on much smaller caps and got soaked.

I don't have any good shots of the space between the consoles but space is NOT an issue. Plenty of room between them.

As for the Evinrude, was probably the hardest decision concerning ordering my boat. Debated several weeks and went back and forth between the Verado and G2. Eventually, the 10 year warranty finalized my decision. Picked up the boat in early February and now have almost 60 hours on it. Motor has done nothing but run like a beast. Absolutely no problem and I would not hesitate to select a G2 again.

Feel free to PM me if you have further questions!

you buy this boat through Bill's Marine? sure looks familiar or maybe I saw it on FB.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

19. Member
    Yes, I bought it through Bill's.
    2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma

20. Member
    I have owned many Evinrude, but after owning the G2, I can not see going to any other motor. The steering and foot pedal is something you can’t let go after owning. Thanks for the input. As to question about Ranger and JM. I’ve owned Rangers all my life. 2016 is what I currently own. The 521L has a lot of problems. Foam is considerably less, the ride is slower. I’ve never had more loose screws than 2016. And a good comparison is looking back at what JM did to every premium brand. Ie. Kenner and Mako. I’ve been Ranger through and through. I went and looked at new Lynx and it is built solid. I just want a ride in one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast