Flashing my 90hp Mercury 2 stroke

I'm trying to find out if I'm able to flash my 90hp Mercury 2 stroke to 115hp? As I understand it the 90hp and 115hp motors are the same except for the ECU. But everything I've been able to find online only talks about flashing a 4 stroke, not a 2 stroke. Does anyone know if the 2 stroke can also be flashed or has had it done?

I'm out of warranty so that is not a concern for me but I certainly don't want to do anything that can damage my motor.

Thanks,

Robert

2. Member
    Board sponsor I think, Simon Motor sports

3. Member
    +1 report back with results please
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    So I have been doing a bit of research and would appreciate some opinions.

So Simon Motor Sport can flash my 90hp ECU to 115 or 125. But looking at the Mercury parts catalogue, it shows my 90hp has a different throttle body then the 115 and 125. I'm not sure what the difference is? Also, it's my understanding the 90hp has different gear ratios then the 115 or 125. I'm not sure what gears I have but the two are 2.07:1 and 2.33:1. I'm don't know how big a difference that is.

So my ultimate question is, even if I flashed the ECU to 115 or 125 do I even gain any appreciable improvement if I don't have either the throttle body or the gear ratios the 115 or 125 have?

Thanks,

Robert
    Last edited by mastergun; 09-18-2018 at 07:26 PM.

5. Member
    90s will not have gear ratio of 115 or th body, ultimately resulting in claims of performance of 115 will not be achieved with out other changes, my opinion leave it alone and enjoy your boat without creating possible other problems when ya don't need um
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Member
    Yours probably has the 2.33 gear ratio so, you will need a bigger prop, I run a Trophy 24. Also there was an air restrictor in my 75 that had to be removed so i assume yours has one too. Very simple to do, Simon will give you instructions. Ive had mine done for almost 3 years and it runs great, never had any issues due to the flash, just a few typical things for an Opti with over 1000 hrs on it. I gained 10mph with the flash. I like how i can cruise at a much faster speed and lower RPM than before
    Andy

2004 Pro Craft 192 SuperPro