My new to me 2012 Z520 Ranger

Ive been a member on here for several years and a former Champion and Stratos boat owner. I actually still own a Stratos 294 Xl until it sells! I just wanted to stop and say Hi and hopefully get some answers to questions i have about my new rig. I absolutely love everything it has to offer and i will continue to be a ranger owner for life now! There's no other bass boat like it! I've been told that for years and never imagined it could be any different than any other boat I was wrong! (Ive owned about 6 different bass boats in the past 5 or 6 years). But it is and all i had to do was drive one and two days later i own one! I found this 2012 Ranger z520 with 2012 Yamaha SHO 250 with 158 hrs on the boat and motor, last week had the engine checked and got the printout from the shop then went for the lake test got about 5 min from the ramp and the trim quit working so the owner said he would take it to the shop and have it fixed. The next morning he called and told me the shop said it would be over 1200.00 to repair it needed trim pump/relays and something else and it would be ready the following day so i offered him 1200.00 less and picked it up 2hrs later. I knew there was no way all that was bad! I was right the pump motor was the only problem it has the brushes in the bottom of the housing (gonna be a problem) and all the dust from the brushes builds up around the brushes and causes them to stick and eventually causes the motor not to work. So i brought it home started troubleshooting and found the problem and it took me about 2hrs from start to finish to remove the pump motor clean out and repair! Just a little info for you DIY guys that own these SHO motors and may save you some $$$ like it did me. If you need any info feel free to message me and i can walk you through it.

Now for the questions?
    1)I need the left fender replaced who has the best prices on parts
    2)I fish mainly night tournaments and Ive read the owners manual and know how to dim the key pad and gauges but the indicator light that comes on when you select a function is blinding is there a way to dim those or am i just doomed to be blinded by them?
    3)It has a atlas hydro jackplate on it and was wondering if there's any tips on how to use it properly and determine the best setting for it?
    4)my t1-25p prop has a little damage to it and i would like to know if its the best or is there something that works better on this setup and who could fix this one if its the best for it?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't have answers to your questions, but just wanted to congratulate you on your purchase. I love those colors!

Migs

3. BBC SPONSOR
    First very nice looking ride, sir........Congrats!!!

As for questions, if you need a new fender then from what I've seen for replies on BBC and from my customers, Ranger is the best place to go for a replacement. I'm sure others on will give you answers for other questions.

Dennis
    D & H Designs, LLC
    MarineTrailerSavers.com

4. Member
    Call ranger for the fender or fenders. I just bought a set for my 2003 521vx and they run 640.00 each. i got the fender boards and lights and decals for 1400.00 for the set. they are coming tomorrow.

5. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Indicator lights: put a little piece of painter’s tape over the area that is blinding you. The light will still shine through. Or are you talking about a mapping unit? In which case, just turn down the brightness.
    Jack plate: measure prop to pad with the plate all the way down, then through trial and error figure out which plate setting/s give the best performance. The reason for measuring ptp first is so that if you have questions for this board after testing on the water, the first thing people will ask you is how high you are running. I make a note of at least 3 plate settings—the bottom, the optimum position for wot running, and the highest I can go without losing water pressure. For each position, I note the motor height in inches as well as the reading on the gauge.
    Prop: For that engine, the prop you have seems to be about the best. Mark Croxton in Indianapolis is the man when it comes to prop repair. None better.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

6. Member
    Congrats on a great looking rig with super low hours. Good luck and welcome to the Ranger family.

7. Member
    Ranger is the only place to get your fender imo. Exact match.

8. Member
    Had a fender replaced by Ranger - matched perfectly. Mine was a lot closer to 1K for a Z521 trailer.

9. Member
    Congrats on the boat! I'm still lovin' my 2012 Z520....they are a great boat
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

10. Member
    #4. Mark's High Performance Propeller. I have sent my prop's to him for years. Excellent work and service. He is a board sponsor.

"Good Luck"

11. Member
    I have two good friends with Z520s/SHOs that switched to running 25p fury 4s

12. Member
    Thank you!

13. Member
    Thank you! i feel i got lucky and scored a nice ride!!!

14. Member
    That is a beautiful boat, I loved my Z520
    2013 RANGER Z521 PROXS 250

15. Member
    Sweet boat!

16. Member
    FYI,
    I have the Intracoastal with the 250SHO and I just switched to the 25” Fury 4 and
    it’s really improved the overall performance.
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)