Mercury 2004 EFI 225

Mercury 2004 EFI 225 OT 665793
    Had front half on the work bench . It tilt over and hit the wall . One of the check valve got bent half way over . As of remove it broke off in the side .
    What the best way to remove it . Was thinking of a extractor bit . Does it need heat to remove it , looks like some red loctite or tread sealer .
    How deep can i go in to the valve to remove it .
    Thx

2. Member
    I would heat it up a little, but be careful.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Specifically which check valve? Method will depend on whether it's threaded (most are in that area) or press-fit.

ANY should be carefully heated... and be very careful about debris.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Thank's Don and Savage ....it is the port bleed check valve # 8282182 @ the front bottom of the front half . They look like they have treads on them, the rest in the block and has a tad of red sealer on them ....I my just take it to a machine shop ?

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Easy-out or a Tory bit carefully driven into it should work. If you don’t feel confident, machone shop is always an option.

Be sure to stress that any metal here may end up in lower bearing.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Thanks Don got it out with out any heat, after I pick the ball out.
    Which I think was the check valve,and picked the chamber and screen out.
    Has one more question. My manual didn,t show what type of tread sealer to use on check valve.
    The new one has some redstuff on it.But I am going to remove all of them on the block. And make sure all is in working order. While the block on the table.
    Thx RChavis

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Red liquid loctite (be careful not to get into openings), or you could use Master Gasket (I've had very good results over the years from using this on small pipe-thread fittings and check valves).