RT178- Bow step- Storage compartment

What do you all use this compartment for? Have you installed a TH marine t bar lock on it? Any moisture issues inside?

Please share with photos if possible.

Thanks

2013 RT178- 60HP 4-stroke Merc

2. Member
    It's is definitely not dry storage but none of the compartments are in my experience. Currently I put my anchor in there and my ziplock bags with all my soft plastics. I have had the boat for a year and still move stuff around trying to find out what I like the best.

3. Member
    LMAO. I do the same thing. Move stuff around. Love the boat a lot though. Ranger is quality to say the least.

Just have a few things I would love for Ranger to do. 1. Make that compartment step bigger as well as the two in the back deck- port and starboard sides. Those are too small. 2. Also make a plastic sliding tray for the rear larger compartment where batteries and fuel tanks are located.

Quote Originally Posted by billwvu05 View Post
    It's is definitely not dry storage but none of the compartments are in my experience. Currently I put my anchor in there and my ziplock bags with all my soft plastics. I have had the boat for a year and still move stuff around trying to find out what I like the best.
    Anchor and gallon bag ziplocked soft plastics in mine too. I don't have a T bar lock or anything similar. I haven't had any moisture in mine but I haven't fished in the ran either

5. Member
    Mines never been wet . I usually keep my terminal tackle and misc. scents and supplies in mine with my most used plastics.

6. Member
    Sun screen and bug spray, never had a water issue. Stay dry during hurricane Irma with cover removed.
    2016 Ranger RT178 white
    75 4S Merc, VesselView Mobile
    Simrad Go7, Baystar hydro, SpitFire X7 17p

7. Member
    Thanks all. Good pointers.
    2013 Ranger RT178
    60Hp 4 Stroke
    55 lb thrust Minn Kota Edge
    Lowrance Hook 9/ Bow
    Lowrance Elite 5/ Console

You asked if anyone had put a T bar clamp on the step up box. I did and added seals around the inside edge of the opening. It does keep the water out But I need to put a bottom in it because the exposed carpet gets wet and weeps under the box.
    I am planning to replace the lid with black HPDE because the existing lid is warped.

Attached Images Attached Images

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

Made my own and I am pretty happy with it. It will slide under the console if I need the floor room on a trip.

----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Panama View Post
    Made my own and I am pretty happy with it. It will slide under the console if I need the floor room on a trip.

That will probably outlast anything that came from the factory.

11. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    My Triton has a similar step...the indention under my pole. Mine is just large enough that I can keep 4 gallon sized ziploc bags full of soft plastics in it. I take them out after every trip and keep them inside but it stays dry and holds them right at my feet. Sorry, this is the only pic I have that shows it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV