Thread: Rajin Cajun 185

Rajin Cajun 185

I hope some one can help me out. After 20 years I just bought another bass boat that I am trying to dial in. It is a 1997 Rajun Cajun 185 with a 1997 pro v 150 Yamaha. It came with a 23px14" laser ss prop. first issue it was a dog on the hole shot and wide open it was at 5700 rpm. the rpm spec i found was 5500 for this engine. I installed a 24px15 tempest ss (both props are 3 blade) and a dole fin. Hole shot is now perfect,rpm wide open is 5500 at 60mph(gps). My buddy tells me wide open the boat is in the water from the consels back.I have it trimed as high as i can (must be a limiter on the engine that i can not find. there is also a 5.5" manual jack plate on this thing and I am about 4" prop to pad. What am I missing or am i looking for some thing thats not there? Any advise would be great. Thanks Jim

Welcome! Not a prop expert, but these hulls really need a prop that provides a lot of lift to get the substantial vee bow out of the water. 60 is not a bad speed either - depending on your boat load/balance, you may not see too much more speed (a mph or two?).
    Head over to the Props forum, and post your information on boat, motor, set-up, etc. Guys there will likely be able to give you recommendations on lifting props & sizes to try.

3. Member
    Thanks CasttingCall I will see what they say