150-200 HO G2's?

Checking in.

Seems you don't read much on G2 issues since it's release. Sincerely not trying to stir the pot. In general this is a positive sign. That day is getting closer when I pull the trigger for another bass boat. Primary requirement to me is not the boat but the motor and Evinrude has me sold on their Etec G2 technology.

2. Member
    Repowered to a G2 150 HO in April. 10 year warranty sold it. Almost 50 hours on it now and I have to bring my toothbrush on every trip to scrub the bugs off my chicklets cause I can’t stop smiling when I mash the hotfoot and jump out of the hole like an airboat. Fantastic motors in my opinion.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Repowered to a G2 150 HO in April. 10 year warranty sold it. Almost 50 hours on it now and I have to bring my toothbrush on every trip to scrub the bugs off my chicklets cause I can’t stop smiling when I mash the hotfoot and jump out of the hole like an airboat. Fantastic motors in my opinion.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    This. ^ I love all bass boats, really I do, and sincerely hope that every bass boat owner loves what he’s got and never has issues with it. But dang! If you’re not driving a G2, you are missing a great experience. And it’s just as impressive at no-wake speeds as when hitting the boosters. Super economical to operate, power steering is great, love the digital data, switching from hand to foot throttle is awesome, etc. Loving it.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

1 year and 60 hours after picking up my new boat with the 200HO G2 and I am still smiling. This motor is great and the hole shot is amazing!
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

6. Member
    i have 60 hours on mine and have only had one issue with an injector - which was changed under warranty with a plug change at the same time. i've seen 69 by myself, i see 66 with my partner and we carry a lot of tackle and i always run full fuel. in 60 hours, i've burned 275 gallons of fuel - last year with my old johnson 200, i burned 800 gallons in 52 hours. i don't have to be the fastest boat in the tournament, because i get so far out in front and get to 66 so fast that the 250's can't catch me if i get away. it's everything evinrude says it is. I worried about the extra 87 lbs over my old motor and i worried about the setback (the front of my motor is 37 inches from the pad) and everything works great. only thing i can add is if you do mount one, you really need a hydraulic jackplate as this motor wants to run high and at least with my boat and load, i will make an adjustment during the day up or down depending on conditions.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

7. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joebone1 View Post
    only thing i can add is if you do mount one, you really need a hydraulic jackplate as this motor wants to run high and at least with my boat and load, i will make an adjustment during the day up or down depending on conditions.
    My Z519 must lift better than your R93, because I’m running a fixed plate on my G2 225 at 3 inches ptp and it is fantastic at all speeds. Best run so far was 71.2 mph, and that’s with a 36 volt Ultrex and at least 100 pounds of tackle up front. Also, oddly enough, my hole shot seems to be fastest when my fuel is full and also the livewells. Apparently that balances the boat best. My Icon gauge shows between 5 and 6 mpg at no-wake speeds, and up to 5 mpg at mid-range cruising speed of 35-40 mph.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

8. Member
    I'm on my second season with mine and I have only had one issue which was a code 201 where a seal failed and let water into the lower unit but otherwise it has been flawless. It will run 60gps when I'm alone and 56-57 with partner full tanks and livewells full and still have less than 4 second hole shot. I live in New England so I love the self winterization feature I as usually fish up to Thanksgiving but have gone back out in December on an unusual warm day and its nice not to worry about "winterizing" it again. I don't think I could have picked a better motor choice for my boat, it rockets my chunky Ranger to 50 as quick as any boat I have been in. Maybe the newest 150 pro xs 4 strokes will be closer but until proven I feel there is no rival.
    2017 Ranger 518 w/ Evinrude 150HO G2

This is really good feedback that will support my future boat buying decision. It will have a G2 HO Etec