Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb My new phone routine

Most of my old routines don't work any more because every caller is now a robot, and it's hard to make robots cry.

I've come up with a solution. I push whatever number gets me to the human. I engage the human briefly as if I were interested in the cruise/solar energy/credit card/police benevolent association. Then I announce that this is a test and I'm a secret customer, paid by their employer to receive, rate and critique the sales force. Then I start in on their abysmal sales technique. I could barely understand their slurred speech and they only thinly disguised the fact they were reading from a script. With an accent like that, how do they expect to be a successful seller in an English-speaking country? Etc.

I just keep building and getting louder. And unlike my other routines, they don't hang up. They just take it and take it. Because if they were smart enough to see through my routine, they'd be smart enough to get a real job.

I feel amazing. And you can too.

2. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    much easier to not answer the phone unless it pops up as a contact. Maybe I'm lazy or just not much fun but that's what ill stick to. Enjoy yourself though.

Dale Sinclair original

3. Banned
    If my phone rings and I don't know who it is and they don't leave a message that # gets blocked. Doesn't eliminate all robo's but it cuts way down on them.

Quote Originally Posted by local16 View Post
    much easier to not answer the phone unless it pops up as a contact. Maybe I'm lazy or just not much fun but that's what ill stick to. Enjoy yourself though.
    This, but if I was retired and did not have anything else to do. I could see the fun in messing with them.
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

5. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Imavol View Post
    This, but if I was retired and did not have anything else to do. I could see the fun in messing with them.
    I'm retired and not much to do.

Dale Sinclair original

6. Member
    Oh, I love messing with them. I do the same to get to a live person. Then I play along awhile and when I get tired of it I say something like "I like peanut butter, do you like peanut butter?". They know I'm wasting their time and hang up. Feels good to waste their time.

7. Banned
    Im just wondering how they are able to get their calls to show up as a local cell number?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage Dog View Post
    If my phone rings and I don't know who it is and they don't leave a message that # gets blocked. Doesn't eliminate all robo's but it cuts way down on them.
    Hard to do with a land line.

9. Member
    I just hang up, if I answer

10. Member
    I find wasting their time is the only thing they understand. Kept a car warranty on the line for 30 minutes, they have only called once or twice since. I was getting 2 or 3 calls a day. I got 'nomorerobo' on my cable phone and it is a great help, not a cure but a big help.

11. Member
    Like others have said, I wont answer if i don't recognize the number.

12. Member
    I blow an air horn into the receiver the nano second a human speaks. Up your azz caller.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage Dog View Post
    I do the same. My blocked number list is getting pretty long.

I live in Tennessee now but I still have an Illinois area code since I've had the same number since 1999 when I got my first cell phone. Most of the unknown calls I get show as being from the area where I used to live. I'm sure they're spoofing the number on my caller ID but the jokes on them since I don't live there anymore.

15. Joe4d
    I have to put my phone on airplane mode at work, or it will suck battery dry searching for signal. I am below water line in an engine room. Half the time I forget to turn airplane mode back off...
    Do have to say it cuts down on robocalls.

I don't bother blocking numbers any more, since they spoof their caller ID number anyway, and it may end up blocking someone else instead. The spam callers like to spoof their number with a local number that you may more likely answer.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by local16 View Post
    THIS

I answer all calls, And hang up instantly if I dont like what I'm hearing.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

20. Member
    I actually answered a call that I knew was a health insurance spam and to my surprise there was an option to be taken off their list. So, heck yeah I pressed 2 for that option and so far it hasn't called back. I still get the Sirrus radio, cruise vacation and car warranties call sometimes though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast