Can Link be added to Ultrex?

Put an Ultrex on back in Feb. but didn't get the link system. now i'm planning to upgrade the electronics on the front and kinda like the way the ultrex links up to the HB's. Anybody know whether you can add the link system to the Ultrex?
    i've searched but can't seem to find it on HB or MK's web sites.

Thanks

2. Member
    Yep. You change out the head/cover and add a module. I think it is about $300. Takes about 5 minutes to make the swap.

3. Member
    thanks squib!

4. Member
    I think the remote for the Link version is different, so more dollars there.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

5. Member
    Yes the remote is different. You might be able to get it all packaged. I used my Humminbird on the bow to control the Ultrex so the remote never comes out of the glove box.

6. Member
    FWIW i was just talking to the MK rep at the boat show and i asked the same question to him and he said they don't offer a add on kit for the ultrex and did not plan to. The kits they were making would be for the other older models that did not offer it when they were released. It might have been a sales pitch.
    2000 Ranger R91I
    2017 Mercury 200 Pro XS SN:2B360040

7. Member
    I wonder if you could just order the part that adds it to the motor from them. It has to be just the same basic motor either with the controller part added or not.