Axiom Side Vision Help

I have seen searching hi and low all over this board and others as well, on information on how to adjust the Side Vision on the Axiom unit’s. While some post have been extremely helpful, I am still not getting the image I know these units are capable of. I have seen Side Vision imagines posted on this board that are very respectable out of the Axiom units and I know my unit is capable of so much more than what I am getting.

I recently switched for Humminbird units to Raymarine and have been extremely pleased with the Axiom units. The ease of use, and 2D and Down View are ten times better than my previous units. I have now had the Axiom units for several months now and I am still struggling getting even a decent image off of Side View.

I have spent hours upon hours trying to adjust the gain, intensity, scroll speed, ping rate. Even updating software and trying to run the unit on AUTO, without much success. I have the transducer mounted in the exact same spot my bird transducer was and had now issue.

My question is, how are you guys getting these great images and how do you start adjusting your units and what am I doing wrong? Overall I am very happy with the units, and just recently bought a second unit. If I would get this Side Vision issue dialed in, I would be estatic!

Thanks for all the help!

2. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Start by slowing the scroll speed down to 60-70.

3. Member

4. Member
    That picture was I believe at 60-65 scroll speed with 1-4 foot boulders. From the images I have seen on here, I think it can get a lot better

Dont see a pic

6. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Member
    no pic here either

8. Member
    Sorry I am still in the process of learning to submit photos. Hopefully this one goes through
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Member
    It did