What kind of Chemical dehumidifier is recommended ?

What kind of Chemical dehumidifier is recommended to help dry out rid lockers? Any brand work better than another?

2. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    How do you store your boat? I keep mine covered in a driveway because I haven’t cleaned out my garage yet. What I do is open ALL of the compartments when I cover it and that keeps the large front storage, rod locker, and rear bilge area dry.

As as far as your question, damp rid works great but if you’re keeping your boat outside in a non climate controlled area the natural humidity in your area will fill that damp rid up really quickly.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    How do you store your boat? I keep mine covered in a driveway because I haven’t cleaned out my garage yet. What I do is open ALL of the compartments when I cover it and that keeps the large front storage, rod locker, and rear bilge area dry.

As as far as your question, damp rid works great but if you’re keeping your boat outside in a non climate controlled area the natural humidity in your area will fill that damp rid up really quickly.

Thanks for the info, I do the same thing as you do. Except I don't open the compartments, I will start doing that! I did buy some damp rid to to try. Great advice on the natural humidity! Makes sense.

4. Member
    So I store mine outside in driveway under a cover.

If it gets soaked from rain when I get home I put the cover over it, stick a regular Ole box fan in there, open all the compartments, and stick a giant damp rid in there.

Works great, no mildew.

5. Member
    I have a double cover on the boat sitting in the driveway, I have my Aurora Custom cover and then a 24' by 12' silver tarp strapped down on top of that, I have a 12" round electric fan tucked in under the cover and on low humidity days I plug it up and open up the two flaps in the back by the engine to circulate fresh air, so far it has really helped this year with controlling mold and odors, also a light spray of Lysol in the rod locker doesn't hurt before I put on the covers.
    Jerry "Rat-L-Trap" Lehman
    Never Enough "Traps"
    Triton TR-21 Merc Optimax 225
    Living Life Large at Toledo Bend