Finally, ordering a 920.

What are the must haves and what do I want to stay away from? Thanks for you help. I can’t wait?

2. Member
    I wouldn't order a shallow anchor system, but that's just me and my fishin style. Otherwise, go crazy until you run out of money and then post pics when it shows up. And congrats- you're gonna love it.
    2014 920/SHO

3. Member
    Ultrex is nice to have.

4. Member
    Always get a keel guard, it’s like four wheel drive, you may never use it but it’s there when you need it, and for a couple hundred bucks it could save you big money in damage

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam378 View Post
    Always get a keel guard, it’s like four wheel drive, you may never use it but it’s there when you need it, and for a couple hundred bucks it could save you big money in damage
    Yes, this is a must have! I'll be getting an Ultrex on my next rig. If you fish shallow regularly, (2) Power Poles are a must IMHO. Sure the Ultrex holds you in the same spot, but if you are fishing heavier cover (grass, reeds, wood, etc.) do you really want the trolling motor thrashing the cover to hold you in your spot?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by txbass1 View Post
    I wouldn't order a shallow anchor system, but that's just me and my fishin style. Otherwise, go crazy until you run out of money and then post pics when it shows up. And congrats- you're gonna love it.
    Good answer !!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelinefishing View Post
    Good answer !!
    Yep do it now and get it over with, I have about 15k in gadgets into mine now. Adds up quick!

LUND 1875 Pro Guide 👊🏻✊🏻

I got mine in april. My must haves were a hydro jack plate, ultrex 112, 2 power poles. and a hamby. also got the smart craft gauge for mercury.

9. Member
    IMO not getting shallow water anchors is a pretty horrible suggestion. Shallow water anchors, ultrex, hamby's, trick step, c channel trailer, padded cooler, trailer shocks, and big graphs.

10. Member
    Depends on where you live and your fishing style. I took mine off. Would only ever use them at the ramp.

Just using them at the ramp is worth it! There’s a reason why I don’t have a scratch or nic on my 3 year old boat.

LUND 1875 Pro Guide 👊🏻✊🏻

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    IMO not getting shallow water anchors is a pretty horrible suggestion. Shallow water anchors, ultrex, hamby's, trick step, c channel trailer, padded cooler, trailer shocks, and big graphs.
    And IMO they are a colossal waste of 3-4K. But I don't beat the bank. He asked for an opinion and that's mine.
    Last edited by txbass1; 09-19-2018 at 07:52 PM.
    2014 920/SHO

13. Member
    I only used my power poles at dock- agree colossal waste-- also pain for guys fishing off back deck-- didn't get them on my 721

14. Member
    Padded deck is really nice. It will help your back on long days. Keel guard for sure. Smart gauge is also a must have, especially if you split gas with riders. You can tell how much you burn on a trip down to a tenth of a gallon. Congratulations and enjoy.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Mark View Post
    Smart gauge is also a must have, especially if you split gas with riders. You can tell how much you burn on a trip down to a tenth of a gallon.
    Never thought of that. That would be nice.
    2014 920/SHO

16. Member
    Thanks guys.

17. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    I got my 920 in feb. love the trick step, padded carpet, compartment ventilation system and also glad I did the painted gatorhide and duel brakes.
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

18. Member
    If you want some useful anchors get the 15' talons. We anchor down all the time and fish offshore stuff. But be prepared, they are heavy