Lake Fork report

Well, you could just call it a Lake Fork update for all those headed for the Sealy tournament this weekend. The lake is doing well. The water is about 2 feet low. Most of the public ramps have no issues.

Today I found the wind to be almost zero. The bugs were all in your face before daylight. The air temps were in the 70 degree range. The water was clear to lightly stained in the upper reaches of the lake like Carroll Cr. and Rogers. The lower lake was a lot clearer. Water temps were in the 78 to 80 degree range.

In the upper reaches of Glade I found acres and acres of grass (hydrilla) that was thick but not matted. Most of the lilies found on the lake are in 1 to 2 feet of water. The water draw down is about to leave the lilies high and dry.

Today I found a few fish under the slot and a few in the slot. The best bait today was a chugger bait. I threw s. baits, flukes, and frogs, but I caught all the fish on a chugger.

Below is a video of the best one...

I would show you the rest but then I would be showing you where I found my fish.

Jeff, and Rheba Johnson
    AND COOPER
    2009 BEE LINE 294 by Phoenix
    2009 150 MERC OPTIMAX

2. Member
    That is a seriously good fish right there!!

Sweet. Nice video

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Wish I could be there doing that right now. Great video, Jeff.