Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bassport XB 21 pro question

List your favorite thing about your bassport xb21

List your least favorite thing about it.

Thanks a lot guys.

2. Member
    My least favorite is easily the fact that getting a different color is 6-8 months out and $2K. The boat itself is tremendous in every way. The textured interior can be a little time consuming to clean, but its no big deal. Another think I really dislike while I'm thinking about it (3 things instead of 1 thing...sorry) I hate and I mean, HATE the reserve fuel system. You can't fill the tank up and see it on F. It's gonna be about 3/4 and when you run out of fuel you switch to the reserve tank. Not for the most favorite thing....It runs like a scalded ape on rough water under a heavy load of gear and fuel and will embarrass everything on the water bassboat wise in ride and fuel economy while doing it very fast. Nothing but the facts and I don't really care who likes or dislikes it.

3. Member
    Favorite thing: driving it wot. Nothing better

I wish I had more hp so it would drag race better

4. Moderator
    Hey Johnny,
    Why would it take 6-8 Months to get a different color? Never had that problem.

I also haven't had anyone say anything about the fuel gauge not going to full. I did have one a few years ago that would go to empty when there was still 1/4 tank of fuel left, come to find out it had the wrong sender in the tank.

The best gauge to use for fuel is the gallons used screen on the smartcraft gauge, it doesn't lie. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    My least favorite is easily the fact that getting a different color is 6-8 months out and $2K. The boat itself is tremendous in every way. The textured interior can be a little time consuming to clean, but its no big deal. Another think I really dislike while I'm thinking about it (3 things instead of 1 thing...sorry) I hate and I mean, HATE the reserve fuel system. You can't fill the tank up and see it on F. It's gonna be about 3/4 and when you run out of fuel you switch to the reserve tank. Not for the most favorite thing....It runs like a scalded ape on rough water under a heavy load of gear and fuel and will embarrass everything on the water bassboat wise in ride and fuel economy while doing it very fast. Nothing but the facts and I don't really care who likes or dislikes it.

Below is a post that I did after I owned mine for about a month. The only thing I would add is that I don’t have the same sense of pride and comfort in my trailer that I have in my hull.

Everything I said 4 years ago holds true today, including the part about me being comfortable enough to run it WOT. Still haven’t done it long enough to know what the top speed is.....but I do know it will run at least 93 with a scared rookie driving. Still amazes me every time out, even 4 years later.... see likes

Here is my assessment- 300XS running a stock 27 Promax

PRO's

• The headlights are so cool and functional at blast off time, especially picking up your partner at the dock.
    • I wish the rocker switches were lighted- not being familiar in the dark was a chore
    • This is the sexiest bass boat on the planet
    • The hole shot is good- (I am 260 and partner is 200 plus gear and fuel), the Promax wants to rev a bit, but when it comes over and grabs....it pulls like crazy.
    • It was fun running down and past several boats...easily I might add. Runs 70+ at barely 5000 RPM
    • I am still not comfortable driving it once I get past 75ish....getting better....but still a bit new to me
    • Much easier to drive and balance when a passenger and weight on the port side helps spread the weight evenly. Drove it to 80 for spurts, and not to scary....
    • Most people have no idea how fast their boats really run loaded, or, are afraid to admit the truth. I passed many boats on my initial run, driven by guys that claim they can run mid 70's, and I was running 75 and passed them like thay were sitting still...and I had so much more.....can't wait until I am comfortable opening this beast up!!
    • Did I mention this is the sexiest bass boat on the planet?
    • This thing rides better than any bass boat I have been in, by a lot. My partner cant stop talking about it. (he has Z21 also). Every time someone says...."but how does it ride" with that look on their face like I must be sacrificing ride for speed, my response is always...."Go ask Scott." Maybe there are others that ride better, but you would have to show me to believe it.
    • I love having a boat that people stare at when you go by...fast or slow, just don't see many of them, and that was one of the reasons that drove me to make the change.
    • The amount of storage in this thing is comical. No way you could fill this with gear. My Ranger was packed to the brim with the same amount of gear. I aslo bought some extra trays so many of the smaller items you need are high up in the compartments. Love not having to bend down in the bottom of a compartment to dig anything out. I used 2 or 3 of the shallow trays, and everything you could possibly use in a tournament day will fit in them nicely, and very easy and convenient to get to.
    • The cooler will keep ice for days.

CON's

• It is definitely narrower than my Ranger, and with dual consoles versus single in the Ranger, it is very noticible. Not uncomfortable, but you feel the difference.
    • the rod storage in my Ranger is miles better and user friendly (I carry many- too many)
    • It is a bit tippy compared to the Ranger. Again, not bad, but you feel the movement of your partner more than the Ranger
    • It is lighter and sits higher in the water, so the wind does affect it more when on the trolling motor
    • The livewells are deeeeeep.....not a bad thing, just wish the lid was a bit wider.
    • If your partner has more than 3 rods out at any time, he better keep them on the front deck, because there really isnt room for more than 2 or 3 in the rod rack......he better get used to it, because it didn't bother me. LOL
    MET/ XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite - 300xs

Thanks guys, and MET I've read your posts in the sticky post. Thanks for breaking it down and replying. Thank you for taking the time to do that when you did also. It was prob the most informative post I've ever read on here.

Anyone else that chimes in I greatly appreciate.

7. Member
    I didn't even know there was a reserve lol
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

8. Member
    Coangler rod storage is an issue.
    No Cooler built in XB21 Prosport.

Problems..

9. Member
    Lee, before I bought my boat in December I called Nancy to inquire about ordering a new one in the color scheme I really wanted. She told told me they were so busy it would be 6-8 months wait and a $2k upcharge. The fuel gauge is what it is. The reserve tank does not have a sending unit yet it holds fuel that does not register in the main tank. I know one person who figured out a conversion system to remove the reserve system and rely solely on the maintenance tank where no switching between tanks is necessary. I have to drawings to do mine when I get time.

10. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    Lee, before I bought my boat in December I called Nancy to inquire about ordering a new one in the color scheme I really wanted. She told told me they were so busy it would be 6-8 months wait and a $2k upcharge. The fuel gauge is what it is. The reserve tank does not have a sending unit yet it holds fuel that does not register in the main tank. I know one person who figured out a conversion system to remove the reserve system and rely solely on the maintenance tank where no switching between tanks is necessary. I have to drawings to do mine when I get time.
    Allison was very busy for a while last year. Bad timing for special colors I guess.

11. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by NOTGSXR View Post
    I didn't even know there was a reserve lol
    Your's doesn't. I think 2016 was the first year for the reserve.
    It's not a separate tank, there is a divider in the bottom of the tank that makes it so there is three gallons on either side from the top of the divider down, there are two pick ups in the tank, one on each side of the divider, whenever one side runs out there is three gallons left on the other side, turning the valve to the opposite side gives you the extra fuel.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Props4u2 View Post
    Your's doesn't. I think 2016 was the first year for the reserve.
    It's not a separate tank, there is a divider in the bottom of the tank that makes it so there is three gallons on either side from the top of the divider down, there are two pick ups in the tank, one on each side of the divider, whenever one side runs out there is three gallons left on the other side, turning the valve to the opposite side gives you the extra fuel.
    Interesting...

13. Member
    Don’t think I would like reserve system.

14. Member
    Lee is correct. I call the reserve tank a tank but it is actually a divided part of the main fuel tank. The modifications required to get rid of the reserve portion isn’t real complicated though. But your gauge does not read what you have in both tanks. Not on my boat anyways.

I think they were making them prior to 2016 Lee. I think my 2014 has a reserve. It has a selector switch in the back. I was told that was the purpose??

I always assumed it was there. If you have it can you see it if you remove the oil tank?
    MET/ XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite - 300xs

Quote Originally Posted by MET View Post
    I think they were making them prior to 2016 Lee. I think my 2014 has a reserve. It has a selector switch in the back. I was told that was the purpose??

I always assumed it was there. If you have it can you see it if you remove the oil tank?
    Sent you a pm

17. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MET View Post

Nope, can't see it Michael, but it's there if you have the selector valve on the rear of the boat, and the charcoal filter on top of the fuel tank in the vent line.

I didn't think that the 2015's even had the new style tanks, but I'm probably wrong. My memory isn't what it once was that's for sure.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xb03fs View Post
    Me either.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xb03fs View Post
    I don't see the issue. I like the idea.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

20. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Myself and Rich Sebesta have the last 2 boats made with the original fuel tanks before the EPA changed the rules. Ours are 2013 models, no reserve tanks, no charcoal filters, no fuel tanks switch and lots more room in the bilge with easier access to the bottom where the pumps are. Then again there are no grab handles either side on the sponsons.

Annoyances, not Cons: no built in ladder, that would be a great addition and safety feature; underside insulated lids on compartments; more robust compartment lid latches-I've replaced mine because the lift handles break at the hinge; factory installed remote bilge plug-I installed the flo-rite remote bilge plug and love it. Somehow seal the compartment lids mating surface to the compartment opening (when closed) so they are more water tight with a drain near the front of each lid area.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast