Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    All you have to do is park with the nose up slightly.

2. Member
    Good info. Thanks.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooken203 View Post
    When the price starts pushing past 90k I guess I expect way more. The center one is pretty good about staying dry.
    I’m with you! Freakin bass boat prices are crazy they have went up 15K in 5 years

4. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    I guess I should have been a bit more specific on the leaking of the compartments. Yes, as pointed out, if the bow is lower the stern or as Tim mentioned leaning to one side or the other the water will pool under the lids along the raised lip of the opening and then overflow into the compartment. Mine do not leak if the bow is higher such as in a fishing posture on the water. However, if I am trailering the boat down the highway with the trailer hitched up properly with the trailer level then i will get water in the compartments because it will pool forward under the lids forward of the rear corner drain.

A raised lip around the compartment opening (which there is) with a gasket seal raised to mate the under side surface of the lid will help as well as forward corner drains. I installed gaskets seals on the raised area of the compartments and glued padding to the underside of the lids and it helped reduce water intrusion. I am still working on perfecting it with various compartment gaskets.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

5. Member
    I have fished & towed mine in some decent rain & haven't had any leaks yet. But I do have my trailer tongue slightly above level on the hitch height.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

6. Member
    I quess this would my question. Let’s say you fish a tournament on Saturday it rains all day. You then park boat in your drive way to let it dry out. You let boat sit outside all of Sunday so it can dry out. On Monday will all of your tackle hooks be rusted?

if not I’m good, heck if yes I’m still good. But if no heck yeah

7. Member
    In my boat Bradley the answer would be No, my hooks are not rusty. I take great care to assure my tackle, especially terminal tackle, is well protected from water. All of my hooks and sinkers are in small plano boxes and those in turn are stacked neatly in Sterilite containers. If you are in an all day rain you are going to get water or dampness in your compartments regardless of the boat simply by going in and out of them searching for tackle etc.

Prevention of water intrusion should start with sealed compartments. then common sense plays a role from there. I saw on BASSTV one time where one of the Elite anglers was interviewd on his off the water preparation etc and he unhooks the boat from the vehicle if there is rain so the bow is as high overnite as possible to prevent water from getting into the compartments.

Search youtube for Aaron martens and his tactics for boat organization and waterproofing his compartments.
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyFishing View Post
    In my boat Bradley the answer would be No, my hooks are not rusty. I take great care to assure my tackle, especially terminal tackle, is well protected from water. All of my hooks and sinkers are in small plano boxes and those in turn are stacked neatly in Sterilite containers. If you are in an all day rain you are going to get water or dampness in your compartments regardless of the boat simply by going in and out of them searching for tackle etc.

Prevention of water intrusion should start with sealed compartments. then common sense plays a role from there. I saw on BASSTV one time where one of the Elite anglers was interviewd on his off the water preparation etc and he unhooks the boat from the vehicle if there is rain so the bow is as high overnite as possible to prevent water from getting into the compartments.

Search youtube for Aaron martens and his tactics for boat organization and waterproofing his compartments.

Yeah your right on that. Wasn’t thinking straight. I really think any bassboat( any and all) will get moisture in compartments after fishing in the rain. Just some less moisture than others. I truly believe the XB will not have a lot of moisture in compartments from what I’ve seen and heard.

Im going to find out soon anyway. I always take my crankbait s and hooks out anyways and clean them.

9. BBC SPONSOR
    Rust wont be an issue.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

10. Member
    My single biggest complaint and it really annoys me is the storage getting wet other than that most other things are minor and I can live with them the ride is phenomenal and some minor issues are worth putting up with especially when you consider nothing is perfect but the water is enough for me to consider something different next time I buy a boat. My previous brand and I won't say what could go through a monsoon and the dry storage stayed bone dry a guy at least needs a place for rain gear extra clothes etc that you don't have to worry about and wet isn't really the issue it's the fact you have to open and empty everything and dry it out or it mildews. Bash me all you want but people need to know these things when considering spending the amount of money these boats cost.
    2021 Skeeter ZXR21

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ndh78 View Post
    My single biggest complaint and it really annoys me is the storage getting wet other than that most other things are minor and I can live with them the ride is phenomenal and some minor issues are worth putting up with especially when you consider nothing is perfect but the water is enough for me to consider something different next time I buy a boat. My previous brand and I won't say what could go through a monsoon and the dry storage stayed bone dry a guy at least needs a place for rain gear extra clothes etc that you don't have to worry about and wet isn't really the issue it's the fact you have to open and empty everything and dry it out or it mildews. Bash me all you want but people need to know these things when considering spending the amount of money these boats cost.
    What compartments on your XB21 get wet?

I'm not a basher, just curious because my Allisons are the only brand boats that I've ever owned that did not leak into the compartments.

Interesting how some have water issues and some don't.

13. Member
    I remembered after I made a post about none of my 3 boats ever having a compartment leak that I did have a leak in the first one, the 2006 model. It was only in the compartment behind the driver seat. Wasn't bad but I stored clothes in there once that got wet. I quit putting extra clothes in that compartment so it didn't ring a bell when I posted.

14. Member
    The compartment behind the drivers seat may get wet because of the rod tube that is built into the front deck in the corner. It has a rubber cup over the end of it which terminates in the rear compartment up under the gunnel. I blocked mine off with a plumbing plug but it still gets some dripping into that compartment because it is not 100% blocked.
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

15. Member
    The compartment behind the drivers seat may get wet because of the rod tube that is built into the front deck in the corner. It has a rubber cup over the end of it which terminates in the rear compartment up under the gunnel. I blocked mine off with a plumbing plug but it still gets some dripping into that compartment because it is not 100% blocked.
    Excellent reply. I did not think of that. Thanks very much. That is most likely the source of my damp clothing in the compartment. Remedy coming soon on my boat.

16. Member

I connected a tube from the end of the rod tube and routed it away from the box into the bilge.

17. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEALLY View Post
    I connected a tube from the end of the rod tube and routed it away from the box into the bilge.
    I started a business, it doesnt rain in the shop
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    I started a business, it doesnt rain in the shop
    Funny how that happens... dang business sure can get in the way of a good fishin trip.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEALLY View Post

Now that I'd like to see. I thought of that but couldn't find something to fit over the end of that tube. I would like to open it up again to fit the rod tips into on the deck since I installed the factory electronics mount. It's in the way
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123