Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwolff View Post
    I don't see the issue. I like the idea.
    You won’t like it if you are guessing how much fuel you have, run out of fuel on a long tournament trip, And have to stop and reprime the fuel lines to get back on plane and running. It is happening to some. I’d just like 1 tank with 1 sending unit. I think I’m smart enough to not run out of fuel. Snowflake idea from somewhere besides my neck of the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by AllyFishing View Post
    underside insulated lids on compartments; more robust compartment lid latches-I've replaced mine because the lift handles break at the hinge; factory installed remote bilge plug-I installed the flo-rite remote bilge plug and love it. Somehow seal the compartment lids mating surface to the compartment opening (when closed) so they are more water tight with a drain near the front of each lid area.
    I have replaced all of the latches at least once.. Got a couple that need it again......….And there not cheap!!

Replied
    Quote Originally Posted by white gambler View Post
    Sent you a pm
    MET/ XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite - 300xs

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyFishing View Post
    Myself and Rich Sebesta have the last 2 boats made with the original fuel tanks before the EPA changed the rules. Ours are 2013 models, no reserve tanks, no charcoal filters, no fuel tanks switch and lots more room in the bilge with easier access to the bottom where the pumps are. Then again there are no grab handles either side on the sponsons.

Annoyances, not Cons: no built in ladder, that would be a great addition and safety feature; underside insulated lids on compartments; more robust compartment lid latches-I've replaced mine because the lift handles break at the hinge; factory installed remote bilge plug-I installed the flo-rite remote bilge plug and love it. Somehow seal the compartment lids mating surface to the compartment opening (when closed) so they are more water tight with a drain near the front of each lid area.
    I thought the ally lids kept everything 100% dry. So water does get in the compartments? Or did I read that wrong,I probably did.

thanks

No sir I have read that several times and even told I was FOS to say any different.
    I've had two Allisons that leaked..
    In a good steady rain or a heavy downpour -- Only place I found even close to 100% dry is the glove box... Everything else will get wet.
    Last edited by fishnfireman; 09-21-2018 at 08:42 AM.

6. Member
    I’d like to hear from some more about the leaking lids on the xb-21.

7. Member
    2014 was first year for reserve feature. There’s one sending unit in the tank. When your tank reads empty, it still has 6 gallons left; 3 on each side of the divider. When you actually run out of gas, you only have 3 gallons on the other side of the divider.

On my ‘14 and ‘17 XB-21’s, the decks have raised openings built into them that the lids close down over and have a seal the lids rest against. I washed my carpet on my 2+2 a couple times and never had a wet compartment. Took a huge roller off a passing boat over the bow when my ProSport was tied in shallow water and not a drop under the lids. Just my experiences.

8. BBC SPONSOR
    The only time mine have been wet was last year at Johnny Maxwells. I was parked sideways on the hill below his cabin and it rained so hard that the water had no where to go but pool on one side of the deck until it could drain out. The only compartment that was wet was the front port as it was on the downhill side.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

9. Member
    So far I've not had any of my compartment lids to leak that I can remember. I've not been in the rain a whole lot, but I have been a few times. That includes my first XB21 which was a 2006, the 2nd a 2012, and this one a 2018. As for the reserve fuel, I'm not so much against having reserve fuel as I am the fact that my darn fuel gauge never gets to F! LOL. I fill that sucker up with about a hunnert bucks of 93 and she shows about 7/8th of a tank or so. Run about 5 miles and she's showing 3/4. I never had an issue with just 1 tank with no reserve. The previous 28 boats I owned didn't have a reserve and I never once ran out of fuel.

Mine are dry as well. Seats holding water are a different story. They live up to the name. I need to put in a drain.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mgeod View Post
    Mine are dry as well. Seats holding water are a different story. They live up to the name. I need to put in a drain.
    You are so right. I have some custom covers from Johnny Johnson that are crazy nice and shed water. I put them on when it's raining so that my seats don't collect water. He sells them if anybody is interested. I wouldn't take a gold monkey for mine! Darn, I just used monkey in my post. I'll be banned for sure now!

Let me clarify a heavy downpour …..
    Some parts of West Texas get an average of 10" a year---If you happen to be fishing the day it comes...Nothing stays dry. (insert umbrella emoji)

13. Member
    To solve you problem just don't go out in the rain.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    No sir I have read that several times and even told I was FOS to say any different.
    I've had two Allisons that leaked..
    In a good steady rain or a heavy downpour -- Only place I found even close to 100% dry is the glove box... Everything else will get wet.

14. Member
    I find those plastic storage trays that fit just under the lid can cause a leak from time to time. If you park what looks level or even slightly nose down I have got water in all my my compartments if I am not careful about that. I think this was a pro and con post.
    Pro
    No bass boat rides really good but this one rides better that any of the others.
    Fuel economy its not BS I am all ways amased how far this boat goes on a gallon of gas even with a 300.
    Fast there is almost never a time at the ramp that somebody doesn’t ask how fast will that thing go. The answer for me is not as fast as it should be but if I tell them a number they just walk away shaking their head. Where I fish there is no other bass boat that even comes close. So yeah for now it’s fast.
    A great boat for shallow water fishing which is all I fish.
    Cons
    My but gets wet when it rains and I sit in either seat. Come on Darris this ain’t rocket science. No I don’t have time to take the cover off or put a cover on. Make the seat so it does hold water.
    Rusty poor fitting trailer.
    If I was in the market for a new boat there’s nothing else I would buy.
    Last edited by hooken203; 09-22-2018 at 02:13 PM.

I'd like to thank everyone that has replied so far.

16. Member
    Hell I’ve never heard of a bass Boats compartments staying dry anyways. I always just pull my equipment out anyways no biggie for me. Not gonna keep me from buying one

17. Member
    When the price starts pushing past 90k I guess I expect way more. The center one is pretty good about staying dry.

18. Member
    My compartments dont leak but I don’t use the plastic trays. With the trays in place the seal is broken... I I bet if you use trays your stuff gets wet, if you don’t use trays they stay dry...
    Last edited by xb03fs; 09-22-2018 at 09:29 PM.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xb03fs View Post
    Mine compartments done leak but I don’t use the plastic trays. With the trays in place the seal is broken... I I bet if you use trays your stuff gets wet, if you don’t use trays they stay dry...
    Yeah I wouldn’t use trays . Thanks for the info

20. Member
    I love the trays. So much more space and better organized. And since I live in a desert we rarely fish in the rain.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast