Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

BASS response to MLF?

Check it out
    http://basszone.com
    Sounds pretty good. I didnt catch all of it but payouts thru the field. BASS increasing their input 67%. Returning anglers have an option to actually make 5k on early commitments. That's just some of it. It also stated that it was based on 80 angler field

2. Member
    BASS is really gonna have to step in up...to remain in the big game...

3. Banned
    ... ... ... Dan

4. Member
    This just shows how much BASS was making on this deal, it just took some competition for them to make the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by slaunch View Post
    This just shows how much BASS was making on this deal, it just took some competition for them to make the changes.
    This. It took the anglers finally saying "Enough is enough!" AND having a viable alternative for them to make a change away from the anglers fighting for each others' money. If I'm an Elite angler I'm even more peeved at BASS after this. It's one thing if the organization was doing the best it could for the anglers, even forgetting that "the best it could do" would also include marketing the product as well as possible. It's another thing entirely if they could've treated the anglers better but instead simply chose not to do so. This is proof that the latter is what has been going on.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

6. Member
    Too little, too late.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    This. It took the anglers finally saying "Enough is enough!" AND having a viable alternative for them to make a change away from the anglers fighting for each others' money. If I'm an Elite angler I'm even more peeved at BASS after this. It's one thing if the organization was doing the best it could for the anglers, even forgetting that "the best it could do" would also include marketing the product as well as possible. It's another thing entirely if they could've treated the anglers better but instead simply chose not to do so. This is proof that the latter is what has been going on.
    Exactly!

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Too little, too late.
    Agreed!

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

9. Member
    It must of not been too bad if they no trouble filling 100+ angler fields. I didn't see any pros saying screw this, I'm going to go get a 9-5 job. Sounds like being a pro is still a better gig than going back to being a weekend warrior. BASS is a for profit business, not a charity. That said, competition is always a good thing, and if BASS is going to stay in business they'll have to adapt the changing landscape. I'm getting a little tired of the narrative of the poor mistreated pro angler, going to MLF is doing what is best for themselves. Just like fishing the Elite series was what was best for them.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

10. Member
    Is this the end of BASS?

Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by bschwoep View Post
    It must of not been too bad if they no trouble filling 100+ angler fields. I didn't see any pros saying screw this, I'm going to go get a 9-5 job. Sounds like being a pro is still a better gig than going back to being a weekend warrior. BASS is a for profit business, not a charity. That said, competition is always a good thing, and if BASS is going to stay in business they'll have to adapt the changing landscape. I'm getting a little tired of the narrative of the poor mistreated pro angler, going to MLF is doing what is best for themselves. Just like fishing the Elite series was what was best for them.
    There have been guys who quit during the season due to money issues and guys who didn’t return the next because of money.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsch View Post
    Is this the end of BASS?

Just sayin'.
    No they will fill any spots left open with the next batch of guys that want their shot at the big time.

13. Member
    Wonder if FLW jumped the gun too soon, increasing their entry fees yet again with little payback..

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bschwoep View Post
    The reason BASS makes so much money is because of those anglers though so for them to want more of that money and a better security blanket is fine by me.

15. Member
    Last edited by smbass77; 09-17-2018 at 02:43 PM.

16. Member
    Last edited by smbass77; 09-17-2018 at 02:43 PM.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Too little, too late.
    x100 plus where will BASS try to recoup that 67%

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    Yep, they brought up a good point towards the end as well. How long will BASS operate like that? If they do it just to gain some backing for the near future and two years from now we're reading about lower payouts and higher entries they'll be in bad shape.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FowlZurk View Post
    I would have to see some hard evidence that BASS wasn't already making enough to do this and just didn't because they didn't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by FowlZurk View Post
    Bass has always made a ton of money off sponsors , finally some having to step up due to compition .

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast