101 Andrew Oak Drive Church point, La 70525

bogging down 5k plus

2008 250 ProXS Ser# 1B692477

Noticed for the first time that when I start to get above 5200 rpm she seems to be not getting enough fuel or like the limiter is trying to kick in. No alarms, runs great below the mentioned rpm's, gets up on step normally.
    Annually maintained, run good fuel, mercury cocktail, they changed all fuel lines and bulb last Mech visit. In fact this is the first engine problem besides replacing the starter and trim motor I have ever had. Just curious before she heads to the DR.

Thanks

2. Member
    Can you get above 5200 RPM'S?
    Your now where near the Rev limiter RPM.

3. Member
    101 Andrew Oak Drive Church point, La 70525
    yes savage she will get above 5200 but start surging, I know I'm not near the limiter but that's the feeling I'm getting, still have pedal to push down but don't want to press her. Its kinda seems like she's not getting enough fuel if that makes any sense. Turn a 28 bravo 1 5800-6000 depending on H2o temp, normally.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I'd be looking at the entire fuel supply system (compare against info in the following thread- all at the same time, all exactly as described, no substituted components or skipped items):

FUEL LINES AND PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor