Banned

Thermosat Problem

I cleaned the thermostats due to plugging them with gravel. Now when I start the motor I get 6 beeps.
    The smartcraft says Starboard Thermostat Sensor. This is a 2017 250 Pro Xs
    Any Ideas about the error? The engine gets to 120-125 temp and runs just fine.

2. Member
    Remove both thermostats again, and make sure they are sealed off closed at ambient temperature.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Forum Announcements, and provide the Required Info with your post. Thanks!

Please confirm fault- what you've described is part of two different faults.

It's either a Temp Sensor Fault, OR it's a Thermostat Fault.

If the warning occurs at keyup or almost immediately after starting, it will NOT be Thermostat (thermostat requires it to idle with no acceleration at all for a minimum of 5 minutes).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor