36v troller on p2

Anyone run a 36v trolling motor plus starting/ accessories using only 3 total batteries? Thinking about getting the x2power from batteries plus to use for starting and 2 31 series and then putting all 3 together to run trolling motor. I've had a couple people tell me they do this with success but wanted to know if anyone here did the same.

2. Member
    Mike Whitten has been using that set up successfully in his Cats. 31 AGM for the dual purpose and two 31 series wet batteries. That X2 is a beast, and is a rebadged Northstar. Mike may be along to comment shortly. If you do use the X2, make sure your charger is high quality.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

I had a 2010 P2 with a 36v Fortrex. I fit all 4 31 series batteries in the back plus the oil tank and the 10gal kicker tank. I had to build a “bridge” over the bilge tunnel for the oil tank.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    Mike Whitten has been using that set up successfully in his Cats. 31 AGM for the dual purpose and two 31 series wet batteries. That X2 is a beast, and is a rebadged Northstar. Mike may be along to comment shortly. If you do use the X2, make sure your charger is high quality.
    Mike is actually who recommended it. I was hoping there was more that did it.

5. Member
    Mike is the only one I have ever heard of using that set up.